Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaguar........

Options
  • 22-04-1999 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Jag, what where you playing at just there on rollercoaster?

I joined the server and a few seconds later another Jade joined. The other Jade admitted that he was the imposter, and yet Jag started a vote to kick me ??
    Any time i asked the other Jade to change his name, and i wasn't flooding, or being rude, Jaguar said "be quiet messers"

Now, need i remind you that I never once messed on the public server.
    If you think messing is asking the imposter to leave is messing you mistaken.

Now he knows he dan get away with it, and HE WILL DO IT MORE OFTEN, because he saw how he got away with it.

I don't know if its some sort of stunt of Jag to act like that in the hope of getting Admin on the server, but if it is he is going about it all the wrong way. You ment to stop the messing i.e kick the imposter.

I got the impression that I wasn't ment to complain about Cranky using my name.

But tomorrow night Jag, when he uses your name, i'll bet your react terrible, and i'll just sit back and say "be quiet messers", and see how you like it. I know for a fact you will freak out, and ask him to change it ALOT, whereas, i asked him 3 times politely tonight and you got uptight.

And I can bet you anything, now that Cranky can get away with this in front of the only Admin on the server , Dr. Teeth, I'm sure he'll log onto a few foreign servers using your name, and other EM names and other ppl will think badly of EM.

Ignoring him isn't going to stop him messing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Jaguar

I am sick and tired of both you and cranky.
    why dont you just choose a name and not tell him.

If you had of hung around you would have noticed that he did change his name and the be Quiet meesers bit was applied to both of you. The only reason i tried to kick you was you WERE messing aswell as cranky.

if you two want to make us your source of enjoyment go ahead but dont mess on server.

As for cranky using my nick GO AHEAD i dont really care its up to him. My nick is my nick and i have been using it for 4 years so i dont really care if some one else uses it to make people think he can play well.

And teeth did warn him 3 times to stop messin and he did so stop complaining.

"Do or Die"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cranky

Well, Jaguar, many thanks for (more or less)
    defending the behavior of 'Cranky.' Sadly, I wasn't on, and have never used Jade's name save once, when he was in EM. Also, I would NEVER use your nickname, for various and assorted reasons. You guys should know by now that I only play under names I make up on the spot, such as "Ouric Nevin, Jr.", or
    "The Goddess Isis." Cranky used Jade's name once, and only once. I'll find out at work tomorrow who got accused of being me THIS time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Jade

You think your sick of it Jag ?

I'm the one that when I log onto the server i get complaints about my behaviour and get kicked for something i didn't even do !

And why sould I change my nick because someone wants to mess around with me.
    Would you be happy to change your nick you have been using for 3 years ?

There is a way you can set identify commands for certain names on the server, and am asking Dr. Teeth nicely if he would look into it.

All i want, as well and most other people is to join the server and have an enjoyable game.

Thats all, I wouldn't think it was too much to ask for, but unfortunaly there will always be someone out there to hinder that. sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I believe there is a development effort underway to provide a 'nickserv'-like functionality for Tribes - this would involve quite a bit of coding, so you won't be seeing it for a while afaik.

As for people using other peoples names - how the hell am I supposed to know who's who dammit?

I come home from a hard days work and I just want to play the damn game. However, if I *know* someone is using a tribe tag when they are not a member of the tribe, I'll kick 'em.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Set one of the servers password only, and have people email for the Password. Don't give out the password to known trouble makers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

That seems like the most sensible suggestion on the board to date. Locking out the server like that is the only way you'll get rid of the messers. But that will also keep out the new players wanting to start.
    I think this is an issue you're never going to win without giving more people admin rights on the server. Maybe give the 5 most active players rights to atleast kick and ban.
    The other thing people can do is bind two keys to vote Yes or No, but at least vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm not wanting to stir the excrement here... .. But Jag, you do tend to get very overwrought about things on the server, and you use the "Vote to kick" option far too often for my liking. I've seen you initiate a vote to kick teammates because they laid mines in the wrong places and caught you with them by accident. That sort of thing just is not on - I shudder to think what you'd do with admin rights...

This isn't meant as a personal attack on you, before you come back all guns blazing... I just think you really need to tone it down out there. This isn't IRC, it's a game... And kicking people is not something to be taken lightly, because you can't just rejoin the channel and all be mates again...

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I agree Rev, but the Public servers of Tribes are all the same. Most newbie players haven't a clue and are normally the ones causing the hassle.

Seeing as your average experienced player can't easily tell the difference between a stressed newbie (being shouted at because they have just wiped out thier whole base) and someone intent on ruining the game, it's proberly better if they stay on a public server. You could always put a URL link in the name to give details on how to join the server and instructions on how to play.

By the way, the nick things. Real simple precautions that were done during IRC days would work here.

1. Use the extra info page, with some comment or contact address. Only a person really intent on being a sad tosser would copy every single section of it.

2. Develop call/counter signs. I'm not talking about "The moon shines west over the tall tree" maxwell smart type codes, but simple things. Back when IRC didn't have chanserv/bot we just used to say something to one another and know from the answer if it was them or some muppet trying to steal ops.

Oh yea, Jag does get stressed from time to time (moreso when I'm there, cause I hog the machine). But he's not nearly a vet of online play that a lot of you are, so like most people gets stressed. I'm sure it will wear off.

Advertisement