Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My data rate!

• 22-07-2004 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

My data rate!
    downstream: 256
    Upstream: 128

I got eircom home plus who do I get on to in order to get the full 512

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Eircom? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

perhaps your line is limited to that speed coz you could be between 4.5km to 6km from the exchange which is the maximum distance dsl stretchs out too. How far are you from your local exchange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

did comreg not say bb had to be at least 512 or was that england?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Comreq? pfft ;)

radsl will give u speeds of between 256 and 512k down stream. Thats all they'll 'guarantee'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

yeah it was (week ago) running at 512 and i'm within 3km of exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Is the speed now constantly lower, or does it fluctuate. If its the latter then you might be the victim of contention ?

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

speed was 512 a month ago but then t just dropped! definitely contention, but i was just wondering is a there anybody on the inside of eircom who could sort it quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    Is the speed now constantly lower, or does it fluctuate. If its the latter then you might be the victim of contention ?

M.

Contention where exactly?
    If there is contention on the backhaul, I doubt it can affect the synch speed.
    I'd be tempted to take allextraneous telecom equipment from the line and try and resynch

Advertisement