Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for the next map pack

Options
  • 22-07-2004 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone got suggestions for maps to add or remove for the next mappack for cavan ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Rev, we play tested all the maps last night. A few are good, and others are bad. Most have been found to be laggy by most players.

Is it true that Cavan is a better server, ie machine spec. If so would it not be better to have Cavan as the main BFV server and Navan as the map pack one.

Also Starwars Battlefront will be out in September, I think, and I was wondering will there be a server for that game as it would be nice for the clan to have another game to play before Battlefield 2.

If you want a few of us would be happy to really play test the maps on Cavan and give a report back.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep, I dont have time at the moment to test or much less play battlefields at the moment, far to busy hauling ore around.

So thoughts on a postcard requires maps would be great. As for servers well once a game comes out we'll see what demand is like and take it from there. One or two the boxes are ear marked for upgrades but the need hasnt really been met at this point so I'm holding off until that point arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

navan has really got established now and is full most nights. good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

I was trying to get online last night when it was full. according to the stats it looked as though a couple of ppl where idling as they had no kills no points and no deaths well into the game.

Could do with putting an idle limit on if navan keeps up with being this busy

That is a possibility. I would expect to see that more as some people are starting to hang back now and defend flags, or lay mines or just operate as engineers repairing things. Its not all wham bam thankyou mam you know, there are back room staff on these teams. LOL.

Fairy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

aye... but even back room staff tend to get killed though maybe not as much.

I have seen it on quite a few times ppl connected to the game but not playing... makes it harder to see if the teams are balanced.

eg 4 on 3 where one of the ppl on the 3 team are afk makes it 4 on 2.

Agreed. Its rare that there would not be an admin on Navan to sort this out if the case might be. I've seen occasions where people are close to the end of the game and say they'll be back in a minute due to a phone call etc.

If the map then changes they will show up as no kills or deaths coz they may not have spawned at the start. Not really a reason to kick them unless its for a very long time.

Fairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.bfpirates.com/

ARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Originally posted by KdjaC
    http://www.bfpirates.com/

ARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kdjac

me wets self............

You think I should turn Cavan over as a pirates server ?

Another possibility is to drop the Neverwinter Nights server, and make it a pirates one.

I'll leave that decision up to lolth, tis your call matey, arrh

• Advertisement

I've played pirates on a lan at home. It's a bit slow and lonley coz it takes so fecking long to get from one place to another.

Hows about putting up a poll?

Option 1 : Leave Cavan as it is.

Option 2 : Change it to different BFV Mod.

Option 3 : Change it to a different game.

Option 4 : Put it back to Vanilla BF for a while.

Etc, etc. A nice game of vanilla BF would be a good laugh, Battle of Britian especially.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

If your talking about making maps i have one in mind, make it a realy close combat map with at least 4 flags. give the americans 2 huey slicks far away from there bases(americans have all flags). If you make this map, well then your going to want to make alot of roof top fighting as well as house to house. If you put a flag on a roof top and place the roof top very far up well then there will be major fights going on in the houses. also make the mainbase of the americans a government building placed in the centre of the town surrounded by building then build a wall going round the G.building. I think if you make a nice stream going from the outside of the town, coming in it would make the map perfect. The N.V.A. should have two boats 4-5 heaviy tanks,2 cars, a motor bike and 1 spawn chopper. You should also give them three mobile spawn points as they have no flags to begin with. This is how you have major close combat fights and would also look so good with experienced chopper pilots flying thru the holes in buildings and flying low thru road ways. And the name for this level hmmmmm....???

How about the_battle_of_saigon !!!

What you think hope i didnt write that for nothing!! :o

Originally posted by TheHairyFairy

Option 4 : Put it back to Vanilla BF for a while.

Etc, etc. A nice game of vanilla BF would be a good laugh, Battle of Britian especially.

Fairy
    i would agree with you on that the original is always best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Played enough vanilla bf to last a lifetime. Try a mod.

Luc

Have you seen Dice City. Its here http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~dicecity/index.php and really looks the business.

Fairy

This has nothing to do with cavan, its the NeverwinterNights server which would be moved,and as lord of that domain its lolths call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

Vietnam pirates (taken in Nha Trang):

nhatrang.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lolth

ARRRRRRR!!!!! ????

Tis a great mod and off fileplanet now so can be got from www.fpscentral.com

kdjac

looks ****e were do i download it?;)

Kami it wouldnt be of interest to you. Its a slower game with a lot more tactics needed and team play is a certain must.

Fairy

• Advertisement
Advertisement