Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shatner will play James T. Kirk in Enterprise

• 22-07-2004 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

From TrekToday
    As for the much-discussed possibility of a guest apperance by William Shatner (James T. Kirk), Berman said the concept is still in development. But one thing is certain: if Shatner was to pop up on the show for a guest stint, he would be playing "an incarnation of Kirk". "He would not be playing another character," Berman said.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

while this is good news indeed, i wouldnt be throwing a party just yet, theres still the question of time and money, and the biggest hurdle of all is will ABC allow him to actually do a stint on a rival network, especially as Bill has been nominated for an emmy for his role on The practice, well have to wait and see on that one.

Anyhoo on to the naysayers, if as berman says hell play an incarnation of kirk on Enterprise, and if that incarnation happens to be a certain Emperor Tiberius from the mirror universe, a certain storyline shinzos been hawking for awhile now

Can i come on here and just entitle a thread

NA NA NA NA NA, bleurrrrrggghhhhh Told ye So

Your Sage

Shinzon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Yes i would also love to see emperor tiberius take power and it is looking like that what with in enterprise season 4
    The nazis are in controll of most of amercia [\spoiler] indicating the rise of a possible terran empire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by User45701
    Yes i would also love to see emperor tiberius take power and it is looking like that what with in enterprise season 4
    The nazis are in controll of most of amercia [\spoiler] indicating the rise of a possible terran empire

Jesus h ****ing Christ on a stick IT WONT HAPPEN it doesn’t indicate anything it's an side effect of the temporal cold war (urg) going on in the future coto has already said this and also pointed out the Tcw will be wrapped up this year...So assuming enterprise lives for 1 more year ALLLLLLLLLLL the time line should be fine again IE no Terran empire :rolleyes:

gone over this time and time again

Ur mean u always cruch my hopes and dreams for a terran empire :(

Ye i know there is only like a 1 in a billion chance of it happening but we can always hope. Think what a good show it would make

I think it would be ****e seeming it goes against every thing star trek stands for.....

• Advertisement

Change can be very good. It would be like taking a risk, kinda like they are with SGA now. SGa might pay off big or it might flop. A Star Trek sereis based on the Terran empire would be very good. The Human war against the klingons and cardies and all the others that stand against them. It would just like the dominion war but from the dominions point of view not the federations.

Listen user it wont happen because the vast majorty of fans have no interest in it because ITS NOT STAR TREK its the anti trek....Most of us want to see a return to TNG or Ds9 not some evil empire and big pritty wars with cool ships

also SGA isnt that big a risk its the same idea in a different galaxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

i agree with bismark, i want to see another star trek in the 24th century, maybe with members from enterprise e and voyager who have moved on to new things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The Mirror Universe thing was kinda ruined for me in DS9 - anyone ever read Peter David's "Dark Mirror"?...now THAT'S how it should have been done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Diane Duane wrote Dark Mirror - she lives here in Ireland interestingly enough.

I've often thought Dark Mirror would have made a *great* TNG film. They might have to shorten it a bit but a vastly overpowered sovereign/galaxy class ISS Enterprise going up against the 'good' Enterprise would have made for some interesting battle scenes.

• Advertisement

I will read that book.
    I thought that shatners mirror univerce books where very good.

Advertisement