Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a new show

• 22-07-2004 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hey folks and fellow trekkers:D

ok, what do you want to see as a new show idea, I would like to see that timeline go back to the end of Nemisis about 6 months after but have a new enemy take on the Federation and sence that it is in a weekend state, then attemp to completly destroy it, tear it apart limb from limb from the inside and from attacks on the outside,

Have a new smaller craft called the "Skirmish class"
    crew with 350 people, have 20 or so regulars on the cast but have weekly battles and through in the odd murder of a established crew member every so often, to keep things fresh,
    but also have a side line of CSI style invistagations on how the "enemy" are killing off major crew members and destroying bases and the like.

I know sounds mad but gotta be better than Bragas shows at present, christ why go backwards? should be moving forwards in the time line.

anyway Cheers D:ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭macronot

I would like to see a story based on the ST Voyager Elite Force Game.
    Where you have a team on a mission with no main crew involved.
    The MACO's on Enterprise may lead to this.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I know I'm not a Trek regular, and I'm not just posting to be a b******, but this sounds like a really bad idea. Sounds like you just took some of your favourite shows and tossed them into the timeline... Star Trek: Murder Mysteries just wouldn't work somehow...
    sence that it is in a weekend state

Sorry, not sure if I understand, the whole Federation is off until Monday? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

CSI style invistagations

CSI: Space

Hmm, well they've done Miami, Los Vegas, New York..so who knows, this could be next anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I would like to see a series based after Nemessis but i would like it to be a bit like Outer Limits , they could have a different ship crew and mission for every episode.
    Or if not that then just follow a new crew around and fill in the gaps of what has happpened after the dominion war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

most shows are ideas based on something else sure,

also i meant a weakend state:D

why not CSI: Trek style, sure fire winner,
    can Braga do better, i think not,
    Enterprise is dying Trek is dying and it needs works fast,
    the glory days or TNG have long since past and a new generation (no pun intended!) are needed to carry on the interest in Trek viewing.

sure what other ideas are out there? post them, do better don't just slag off ideas better them.

cheers
    D:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by BrookieD
    most shows are ideas based on something else sure,

also i meant a weakend state:D

why not CSI: Trek style, sure fire winner,
    can Braga do better, i think not,
    Enterprise is dying Trek is dying and it needs works fast,
    the glory days or TNG have long since past and a new generation (no pun intended!) are needed to carry on the interest in Trek viewing.

sure what other ideas are out there? post them, do better don't just slag off ideas better them.

cheers
    D:ninja:

This soto guy who has joined as co producer seems to know his vulcans from his ass im interested to see what he can do next seasion ....paramount already said they want enetprise to go on for 7 years

I wonder what it means when star trek goes for 7 years but SG1 goes for 8 with hints now of a 9th season to run with Athlantis.

does that mean the star trek guys know when to quit when there ahead or just they cant keep comming up with new stories and the SG writers can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by User45701
    I wonder what it means when star trek goes for 7 years but SG1 goes for 8 with hints now of a 9th season to run with Athlantis.

not much tbh since TNG star trek has run for seven years, i'd say its as much as the actors wanting to get out then anything else. it means nothing if shows run for less or longer. seven years is just expected now from trek as the last 3 have done it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

A series with Riker and Troi in the Titan would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Ehh i have 2 ideas

I think one really good one would be one set in Starfleet HQ, they could take ships out sometimes but it would mainly be base at the headquarters. I say this cos i always like episodes at the HQ, eg the voyager episodes with barcley.

The other idea is a new ship, set after nemesis, with maybe some members of the old voyager crew who've changed ship and maybe one or 2 ppl from enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

What was the name of that federation 'black ops' team they had in DS9, Section 37 or somthing?. A show about them would be interesting; perhaps it could be set during the dominion war and show a less black and white view of things: Everyone has their own reason for fighting etc etc (well in the jem hadars case I suppose that would be ketracel white...).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

section 31

would be cool alright seeming fans belive section 31 controls its own fleet

by its own fleet do u mean a secreat fleet or do u mean just a fleet like The 73rd task force or the 9th fleet of the dominion war or the 127th. A person in S31 who is commander of a fleet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well i think they should turn the New Frontier book series into a TV show. The characters are well developed and features famous star trek cameos like Picard and Spock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

lo mackensie i be liking the new frontier stuff as well and would be quite a fan of calhoun don't know how well it would transfere to a series though, peter david is what makes those books so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

It would almost be too actiony for TV... :s

Advertisement