Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haven't received my order from play.com

• 22-07-2004 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

So I ordered a dvd 16 days ago, and I still haven't recieved it from play.com. I emailed them today as they have a policy that you have to wait 14 days to enquire about missing dvds.

Has anyone else had this problem. What I basically want to know is, will I get my dvds if they have gone missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Happened to me once from all the stuff I got. E-mailed and explained and they just send out a new one straight away, which I got, then I got the orginal one another two weeks after the the extra one they resent. (still have it in its orginal wrapping :)).

Nothing but good experiences with play.com really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah, same here. Ordered 3 DVDs, two arrived and one missing. Mailed tham after 2 weeks and they resent, no problem, no questions asked. Arrived a few days later. Original one never turned up though, I guess some postie is enjoying Evil Dead 3 aswell then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Nothing but good things to say about play.com, only twice have any of my orders (and there have been a lot) gone AWOL and on both occassions play sent out replacements after the 14 day waiting period.

/Kone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

You should try ordering from the Apple store, they discontiued a product I had ordered a month after ordering it!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think it's the Irish postal service that is the problem, it's very erratic.

I think what they tend to do is wait untill they have a stockpile of packages to deliver to me, as just today I recieved 5 packages from Play.com and they would have all been dispachted on completely different dates.

But Play.com are very good, if and DVD is faulty or you got the wrong one, they will refund you on postage to send it back to them, CD-Wow doesn't do that.

Avoid dvdboxoffice.com at all costs. I ordered a box set off them, and 2 months passed and I still had recieved it. It was coming from Canada, so thought it might take a while, but not that long. The very day I got in contact with them about it, they said 'oh, we just got that returned to us today' and they charged me $20 reshelving fee and credited me back the rest of the cost of the Boxset. They siad that customs had blocked the package, but customs didn't contact me in any way, when I rang cutsoms they siad they had no record of holding anything and that it wasn't their policy to send things back anyway.

so.. boo to dvdboxoffice.com! yay for play.com, who have only made 3 mistakes out of around 250 orders.

ha.. and if you want to hear about my applestore woes then have a look here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

CD-Wow doesn't do that

Yes they do. I've had stuff delivered scratched and they refunded me for returning it to them. For E2 postage, I actually got something like a £4 voucher, so they were more than generous.

Really?

They sent me the same DVD twice, instead of 2 different ones. I got an incredibly apologetic email and then I sent the extra disc back to them, but there was never any mention of refunding the postage or giving me a gift voucher for my trouble.

But it was a really nice email they sent me.. it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

DVD BoxOffice?

:mad:

Long story short,Ordered 2xStargate season 2.Two month's later no sign,got in touch and they said they would send out 2 more.Two month's later no sign,got in touch and after being asked to phone them and doing so 5 times(he was always busy)finally got him to call me.

In the end I paid extra for recorded courier delivery and finally got them.

I contacted the post office and customs neither had any record of my box set's.

I dont believe they were ever even sent out!

G

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Some DVDs took ages around the time of the postal strike, so I'd let that slide. Two other times something went missing - once one turned up, the other I never saw it. Both times play.com had no hesitation in replacing it without any fuss. Well recommended - awaiting 2 more currently with them.

Also I'd recommend, for cheap R1, that you try DVDSoon. Bit slow, but great prices and had no bothers with them yet either (nor anyone I know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Missing/Delayed Order
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for the email.

We are sorry to hear that you have not yet received your orders for The Big Lebowski. As it has been 14 days since we posted this to you we will now have to consider it lost in the post. We will replace this for you immediately however if this is not a suitable option we will be happy to refund you.

Please contact us at info@play.com with your preferred outcome including which title you are referring to so that we can resolve this issue for you.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind regards

Email Support Team

Play

Wow, fair play to them.

• Advertisement

Oh CD-WOW!'s email was even nicer... have a look at this...
    Hi Gavin,

Thank you for your recent order, and very sorry to hear you have received
    the wrong disc - I can fully understand how disappointing this must be for
    you.

I will ensure that the correct replacement is sent as soon as possible.

In the meantime, would you kindly return the order to:

CD WOW!
    Suite 2 Gregories Court
    Gregories Road
    Beaconsfield
    Bucks
    HP9 1HQ
    UK

We would be very grateful if you could enclose a brief note with the
    returned item, clearly stating the order number (if possible), along with
    your name, email address and reason for return.

I very much appreciate your understanding and co-operation in this matter.
    I sincerely hope that the inconvenience caused to you on this occasion
    will not deter you from using our service again in the future.

Kind regards

Katie
    CD WOW! Customer Service
    www.cd-wow.com

They didn't refund me for postage though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

From CD-WOW
    Hi Joanne

Just to let you know that I have now received the faulty DVD back in the office. To cover your postage costs we have mailed you an e-voucher which may be used against your next order.

Thank you for its speedy return. We sincerely appreciate it, and hope you use our service again sometime in the near future.

Kind Regards

Alleyne

That does it! I want my e-voucher... god damn you Katie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Hey Monkeyfudge, did you complain to your credit card provider about dvdboxoffice? Maybe it would be worth telling them they charged you without ever delivering the goods, due to no fault of your own. Maybe threaten them with lawers and so on?

oh.. I did try all this... but you really need to make alot of phone calls and stuff and I just got fed up in the end..

it was only 20 candian dollars that they charged me... and canadian dollars are pretty worthless...

I just know not to use them again... and I urge everyone else here not to either.. ha

There is a site called DVD pacific who are quite good, really cheap prices, but the stuff takes ages to get here.

But you should always use happyhunter.com

it will compare DVD prices across all the DVD sites for you.. Pacific generally is the cheapest.

But I tend to stick with Play, because they are reliable.

Blackstar are good too.. but they can be a bit pricey sometimes. But they are based in Belfast I believe, so the stuff gets to you very fast.

Advertisement