Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB and slight ping spikes.

• 22-07-2004 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Its not that great big a deal, but can get irritating in games at times, but IOL ping seems to be fine 30 - 40 ms for the majority of the time, but every 30 - 40 seconds or so it does a jump to about 100 ms max or more often a jump to about 60, from the original steady 30 / 40 ms.

Just wondering is this something with my system, or is everyone else on IOLBB having this issue?

I do a ping games1.iol.ie -t

to constantly ping the address to see the spikes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

That's something that I've come across very frequently ... and it's oh so very annoying too :confused: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Jeez, is it that know one else gets these ping problems or is that no one takes notice :/ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I have IOL and I haven't noticed any spikes...that's probably because I swore to myself that I wouldn't waste anymore time looking at the DOS prompt screen waiting for a packet to drop so I could ring up tech support. Does the spike affect in game performance are you just annoyed with it in principle? On a side note did anyone else's connection go down last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah mine gets spikey, but I'm sure IOL couldn't give a flying fk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The way I look at it, it's going to be better than 56k :)

I have just got the equipment, however Eircom ****ed up so I have to wait till Monday for them to fix it (they killed my line).

At first I reckon I won't mind the spikes, but as I get used to BB, I reckon I will :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hellraiser

I too get same problem, but i however play clan matches constantly and is the main reason i got BB.

I get really bad spikes playing COD online, most times when it happens i get connection interpupted with pings going to 999 all the time.

Really really annoying to say the least.

I have been on the phone to them befor about this and IOL told me that they do not sell BB for online games, even tought i got IOL because they advertise its quick access to X-box live, router is already configured for it.

Advertisement