Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishBroadband Ripwave

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Thanks Chaz. Hopefully it will be priced in a way that makes it a convincing alternative to 3G data only systems, also available only in the larger cities .

While we have you! When is IBB up and running in Tonabrocky in Galway ? Will it be the VL kit or 3.5Ghz kit ?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Im not sure about Galway. Chances are likely that it will be a bit of everything - with Ripwave most likely to be installed after the FWA is up and running.
    This is a guess though - so dont quote me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Well I got a ripwave modem dispatched to me on friday. So far I've had no luck with it at all in any part of the house. I'm in the Inchicore area.

All I've seen on the modem so far is a flashing red light for connectivity to the base station.

Not too encouraging..

The digital hub tower is definitely supposed to be live for ripwave I've been told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Would you venture a 2004 or 2005 date at this point Chaz ?

Thanks for your help as always.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Muck, I dont know. My best guess would be towards the end of 2004, early 2005. I know that kinda covers both bases - but on one side are obligations - and on the other side are logistics and such.

• Advertisement
Advertisement