Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal Birds

• 22-07-2004 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello !

I walk to work along the grand canal from portobello to the Grand Canal basin every day and I see a lot of birds, mainly Ducks (happy), Swans (Angry) and then a third type of bird that no-one seems to know what they are.

They have big huge feet and love hiding in the rushes, they are scardy-birds and leg it from the humans but sometimes attack the ducks for no reason. they have about 3 or 4 babies at a time. They have little beaks and you see the most between lesson street and baggot street.

They are interesting because I often wonder what they eat and do they pair off. i have heard male ducks have nothing to do with the mother after the eggs are laid. Is this true of other birds?

Thanks!

L.

Comments

Advertisement