Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Brawl

• 22-07-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Anyone else like to see rumble style fights for UFC.

Like Bart Vale and Dan Severn Vs Royce Gracy and Ken Shamrock.

Just be nice to see how all the different styles cope when its not one on one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Royce "Gracie" ;)

And although it would be a novelty, I think it would be too dangerous to run..
    Also, Shamrock is 40'ish, Severn is 50'ish, Royce doesn't fight and Bart vale just plain sucks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

royce gracie does still fight

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Well you get the general jist of it. Maybe they could enter the senior fight :)

Originally posted by vasch_ro
    royce gracie does still fight

Really? Could of fooled me. His last fight was a year ago against Yoshida and since then he has only been focusing on teaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Ahh royce gracie. A lad in my club trained with him for 1 session a while ago(he came over)

The lad from my club was picked for royce to do the moves on him for a lot of them, said he was just unbelievable, made us look tottally ****.
    Anyway, to my point ;) Afterwards they were talking about street fights etc, and asked royce had he been in many. Royce said to him that no one will ever fight him, because when someone is about to start something, he tells them straight away what hes going to do them, and they just leave it. And apparently even when he was tellin the story royce's eyes were just as scary as fu*k ..

heh. Anyway I havent seen many of the UFC's recently, but a match like that consisting of 4 would just be pointless.. Once 1 is eliminated, and 2 are on the ground, the person on their own just has to wait for one of the other 2 to tap out before going in with a choke or arm bar etc.

• Advertisement

groupgracie04.jpg

Picture of our club with royce ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Who are you in that photo John?

I'm not in that photo Colm :(

Oh and I stand corrected about Royce. Word is that he will be fighting Genki Sudo on December 31st. I'm not sure how credible the source is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Make sure you come over and say hi at Ground Zero then!

Oh you know it Colm!
    You can't miss me. I'm 5'4 with a camcorder that's bigger than myself ;)

Speaking of ground zero, that reminds me - I've got to get that form sent in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Having a moral victory over Hidehiko Yoshida in Dec. Royce is rumoured to be fighting Genki Sudo, who recently defeated Royler Gracie at K1 Romanex.

Royce said in the June (I think) issue of grappling magazine that he will continue to fight MMA.

Yeah Colm - I seen that but I'm not sure if it will happen. I have that K-1 romanex event at home, Royler got schooled and Genki showed how inaffective Royler was at MMA. Poor guy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Seeing the gumshield going skidding across the mat. Jesus.

Genki Sudo is my favourite MMA fighter. Hes chilled, into world peace, a great showman and has fantastic clinch and good subs. (and also capoeira!)

Aye, he is very unique and is a real great showman. I think he's a brown belt in bjj and well deserved. He is a great grappler. he has that flying triangle off to a t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Chopper George

Genki Sudo is the man, very unorthodox and showy but with the skills to back it. Ive recently become a big fan of UFC and Pride and gotten a hold of old videos etc. I remember the first time I saw Sudo, I thought what the hell is this crazy oriental up to? Then he demolished the other guy with such skill and brought out his world peace flag!!! Class act!

Did anyone else see what he did to butterbean??

Yeah, he heelhooked him. I have the fight here. Genki is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

The video clip of Genki Sudo beating a bunch of guys at the westside submission tournament is amazing, i never get bored of watching that.
    If anyone hasn't seen it download it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Chopper George

Never seen that one!!! Do you have a link for it??

The strange thing about Genki is that he is never psyched out or angry at his opponent before or after the fight unlike others. He even helps them off the mat! He is like a fighting Jesus!

Advertisement