Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeding and the current laser gun problem

Options
  • 22-07-2004 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Ok, not sure where to put this, i cant seem to find a legal section and t#not sure what kind of responce i would get in motors.

whats your take on the whole thing about the gun not giving written proof of your speeding and what are the chance's of all recent points been wiped off?

If you have already paid your fine can u still go to court and argue your points etc on these grounds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

get yourself a 'Garage door opener' , and have it fitted(conceiled) under the license plate of you're car .

you wont have any laser gun problems anymore .

I know this dosent answer you're question , but it might help some people .

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

anymore aint the problem.

its been stopped last bank holiday weekend that is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

From what I heard on the radio at the time this news broke a few months ago, If you have paid the fine then you have no option. By paying the fine you have pleaded gulity to the offince.

Hard luck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

Explain this garage door opener statement big ears?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭BUMP!

Once the fine is paid I think ur screwed.

By the way - a laser gun is less than hard proof. Apparently it can travel through your windscreen and read the car behind and it can eflect off the side of cars and read other cars.

Does the garage opener act as interference to the gun?? How well does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

Originally posted by BUMP!

Does the garage opener act as interference to the gun?? How well does it work?

I am not advocating the use of tools to mess with speed guns but if you hang a cd from your rear-view mirror it will affect the gun. Also you can put some sort of 'lacker' on you number plate and it will washout any photo taken from a speed camera.

However there is one chap in my area that seems to have got the two mixed up.

He has a cd hanging from the rear view mirror, cds (shiny side out) under the visors on both driver and passenger side and more cds (shiny side out again) jamed into the underside of his number plate......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭BUMP!

Also you can put some sort of 'lacker' on you number plate
    When I worked in Cork they used to reckon clear nail varnish painted on part of your number plate worked against cameras but I'm not sure if its true. (I'd prefer the bit of mud smeared across 2 letters!!!)
    He has a cd hanging from the rear view mirror, cds (shiny side out) under the visors on both driver and passenger side and more cds (shiny side out again) jamed into the underside of his number plate......
    Maybe he just has too many cd's and no-where else to put them???!?!!?!?!? Maybe???? .... No.

Advertisement