Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes Review in G4

Options
  • 22-04-1999 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Just scabbing a read of G4 in me local newsagent and i had a look at the article on Tribes. Nice review Shin, does this mean it'll be released here soon?. I was wondering what those weird looking spaceships were in the screenshots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

'cuse me ignorance' wtf is G4?, if it's not a suppliment of the farmers journal its not gonna make it TO MANORHAMILTON...

Is there ne info on grants in it ?? thems ovine genital warts ar a ***** ain't they ! wink.gif..

ARRRRRRRRagh lemmie out of here !

YuM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh, it's some games mag or another YuM. Pretty good like, and it's only £1.50, so you actually have enough change for a pint and some crisps out of yer fiver, which isn't bad for a games mag.

Aye I read that Tribes review as well, was very impressed like, whoever wrote it seems to like the game a lot, exceptionally talented writer as well, and from the way he talks, I'd imagine he's complete ninja at the game.... Wouldn't wanna come up against him in a game, eh!! He's probably exceptionally handsome and intelligent and so on as well...

Er, on a more serious note... The release date was mentioned in the article... You'll have to go buy the mag like... Oh alright, it's the 7th of May, and it's being released as "Starsiege Universe", bundled with Starsiege, and costing 44.99.... Not bad for 2 full games! And the funny spaceships are from Starsiege... we ran out of Tribes art! smile.gif

Mata ne!
    Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah but using the old dev screenshots from tribesplayers.com - complete with placeholder art was very bold. tongue.gif

One of the UK mags - PCGAMER or something has a review also - they gave Tribes quite a going over. :/

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yeah.... I got the impression from that review that (a) they hadn't played it very much and (b) they didn't know much about online gaming in general....

mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

PCGAMER is $hite, would totally ignore that pile of cack. PC ZONE gave it 88% i think and brought up valid points as to why it didn't score higher. Plus PC ZONE are expanding their online section (about ruddy time)

Clan HIV
    Members of the Unseen Forces of SuperKalo

ButcherOfNog
    Clan Hot Internet Virgins
    http://clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv

Shite Dung **** Arse Feck and Piss :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

IMO PC Gamer is the best - good, well written and nasty reviews

PC Zone seems to try too hard to look pretty & generally the quality of writing is poor - something pasted together to wrap around the screenshots.

I have to admit PC Zone is getting better (I buy most PC game mags), but the lack of decent online section is ridiculous (I sneered when I read the announcement that they were expanding it last month)

Anyway - not to start an argument; just curious as to why u dont like PC Gamer - if i had the latest copy of PC Zone handy I could quote ya some of the choice rubbish I cant stand about it. (Tho the girlfriends & gaming article was pretty funny.

Anyway, they all come up with they same reviews, for the most part. The real issue is the 6 quid price tags on most of them!

I don't buy *any* computer/games magazines any more - they're SUCH a waste of money imho. Anything a mag prints is stuff I read on the web in greater detail a month or two earlier. And they're too damn expensive. I mean, what's with releasing the October issue in September with info I knew about in August?

Teeth.

I had responsiblities of the alcoholic variety this weekend (yes Chung, I *am* actually trying to get a life atm. honest. smile.gif )

Teeth.

what you say is very true - in particular about the price * timeliness of information - i mean tribes/starsiege was not even mentioned not once in pc gamer until last month. I kept reading about people raving about tribes in the US on the net & wondering what the hell tribes was.

But still - I started buying gaming mags in HongKong to read during lunch breaks & I guess I associate them with loving sitting outside Central Plaza in the april 25C sunshine, munching on my Oliver's Sandwiches Monster Gut-buster sandwich, shlurping a grape snapple, watching the 80-year-old tai-chi practicers, looking longingly across hongkong harbour at the star ferry bobbing to and fro; gazing at the gorgeous hk-women as they rush to and fro, dreaming about what bars/restaurants I'd hit tonite....

aaiiieeeee!

ugh. You ever see that advertisement where the guy is lying on this beach drinking pina coladas, the sun is shining, beautiful babe beside him, sound of surf, all full colour and he turns to the babe and asks her to pinch him cos he must be dreaming so she does, and so he wakes up in grey, looks around at his tiny office cubicle, one amongst thousands of cubicles, and screams!

just had one of those moments...I fuppin love fuppin rainy april afternoons in blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

There ARE worse places in the world... belive me !!!

fuppin Leitrim......

Ah for the dull obscurity of Blanchardstown..

YuM / yuk

• Advertisement

um... yea probably smile.gif

My personal favourite place in ireland right now would be Slattery's

had the most amazing pint in there yesterday afternoon. Amazing. You'd think it would taste the same, but no, it keeps getting better & better smile.gif

damn, i been daydreaming all morning and now it's time for lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

WILL YOU EVER SHUT UP ABOUT BOOZE CHUNG smile.gif

I had a fairly kickin few pints last night my self in my local the orchard in rathfarnham.

What ever happened to EM training.......

What ever happened to replying to email?
    /me looks at EM members

vagga

Advertisement