Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap DVD Player

• 23-07-2004 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Kilroys in Tullamore (offaly) are doing Mitsubishi DVD players for €49 until this Saturday evening, so get in there quick!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Don't think I've ever seen cheaper than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Superquinn (last week) were selling no-name DVD players for €39-99 at Knocklyon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭john05

dvd player for 50 quid.

http://www.marx-computers.
    com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

dixons were selling them for 50 as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

All the mitsubishis I have seen are region free too.

• Advertisement

i have a sony player myself but would like to check if its region free or not. is there any easy way to determine this? and how can u check which region u are currently in if its not region free?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

As it's a Sony, the answer would most probably be No! Where did you buy the DVD Player? If it was bought in Europe, then it's Region 2. I think there will be a sticker with the region specified at the back or bottom of DVD Player.

bought in dublin about a year ago i guess. anybody know how to make it region free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I bought mine in Munster Sounds (used to be richer Sounds) and the made it region free with a remote control hack. However I don't think it was the remote that came with the player.

What model player do you have? A google search should locate a hack if it available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Get the use of a PDA (with infra-red port) and a PDA application called Omniremote. A laptop with a similar app can work too.

Depending on the model you should be able to find more info here and a good few other places, you're gonna have to check around though. Google rocks ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

sorry to gatecrash but its kinda related. i just got one of the philips dvp 520 dvd players for 79 squid in extra vision with 40 X €2 off rental vouchers free, which i reckon is a pretty good deal, as i rent from xtravision a lot and the player is basic but very slim and pretty funky. anyway i can't tell if the player is region free or not...iv checked the back/bottom for a sticker but nothing. does anyone else have the same one and knows if its multi-region?

i checked google btw....couldn't find out

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I just Googled for Philips DVP520 and two of the first three returns say multiregion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i'm so inept! thanks for that reckless. *big up*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stephen_murphy7

Originally posted by john05
    bought in dublin about a year ago i guess. anybody know how to make it region free?
    If you do a search on the web for the model number of the dvd player, you should find out.
    I have a sony also, and found that some models have NO hack, but luckily mine DID have a hack. I havent done it yet. Basically it involved getting a programmable remote control (iPaq with software) and load up 5 buttons, and if I pressed them in order then it becomes region free

Advertisement