Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of going O2 from Vodafone

Options
  • 23-07-2004 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

So i've been with vodafone for donkies years but just the other day i rang their customer services and was looking to find out when my next phone upgrade was coming through. Th sutomer service rep informed me that an upgrade can be between 12-24months from you last upgrade... whatever... i've had my phone for for 15months now and i want a SE T630. I mentioned changing to O2 and shazzam "i'll talk to a supervisor" and 2 minutes later an upgrade was available.

Now onto the selection of phone in vodafone... in short a load of crap.

So now i'm thinking of going to O2 and was wondering if other people had good/bad opinions of them?

Last thing... if i do migrate my phone then i'd get the SE T630 camera phone and by the adds running on the radio by O2 i take it i'll be allowed to get another camera phone in november for free? Has anyone availed of this offer yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

i might do that to try and get an upgrade the battery on mine is starting to only last a day, anyhow i was on o2 orginally and they were fine until i wanted to cancel my contract and they wouldnt. it took nearly four months of emails, calls, letters etc. i was out of my 12 month contact so in theory it should nt hav been a problem, they also charged me for four months line rental in the period after i tried to cancel it. i got no refund for this money so that has really put me off o2 for all future dealings wit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I was on O2 postpaid for ages and I decided to move to prepaid, I was over 12 months since my last upgrade so they moved me over to prepaid no worries. The only gripe I have now is that prepaid customer care is not as good a post paid, reduced hours etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The selection of phones with Vodafone is admitedly crap at the moment... New handset have not made it out yet because they have not officially announced WAP 2.0 handsets are supported yet. Once this happens. you will see the handset list change very quickly...

If the only reason you are changing is due to this, then I would hold on for a little while longer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    The selection of phones with Vodafone is admitedly crap at the moment... New handset have not made it out yet because they have not officially announced WAP 2.0 handsets are supported yet. Once this happens. you will see the handset list change very quickly...

If the only reason you are changing is due to this, then I would hold on for a little while longer..

If you could define "a little while longer" then i might give it consideration. Also there is no mention of what the SE T630 will cost when it get released by vodafone.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1786623#post1786623

This one quick enough :D

Major coincidence I know but the 6230 and more should be added soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

If anything Voda have a better selection of phones imo. O2 have alot of boring handsets.

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    If anything Voda have a better selection of phones imo. O2 have alot of boring handsets.

http://web.o2.ie/business/phones_and_devices/catalogue/index.jsp?paymonthly=yes

Its pretty close.. Vodafone's selection is actually better... I thought they had a bad selection but the O2 selection is tragic..

The GX series make the difference..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

I was with Digifone, then O2 for yonks, one of the reasons I left it was because of the C**P customer service. Threaten them to leave and they politely tell you how to do it!
    Anpther reason was because I had absolutely no signal within 1/4 mile of my house - in Dublin 16!
    I'm with Vodafone for quite a while now and their customer service (and signal) is much superior.

My pennysworth - Anything but O2!

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    http://web.o2.ie/business/phones_and_devices/catalogue/index.jsp?paymonthly=yes

Its pretty close.. Vodafone's selection is actually better... I thought they had a bad selection but the O2 selection is tragic..

The GX series make the difference..

not all the GX series, I got a GX-1, the O2 branded one, its a heap of junk, battery bearly lasts a day, when I go to O2 to try and get a new one the tell me they can't as Vodafone as the rights to all the sharp phones and accessories. Go to Vodafone and they tell me its an O2 phone so they can't get a battery for it!

grrr, watch out for that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

not all the GX series, I got a GX-1, the O2 branded one, its a heap of junk, battery bearly lasts a day, when I go to O2 to try and get a new one the tell me they can't as Vodafone as the rights to all the sharp phones and accessories. Go to Vodafone and they tell me its an O2 phone so they can't get a battery for it!

Contact Sharp directly they should be able to supply you with one .

Sharp 1890 551505

• Advertisement

Bah! didn't think of that! never realised they hd a contact point in Ireland!

Cheers!

W

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I would stick with Vodafone. I switched to 02 a few months ago because I needed a new handset. The 02 range of phones was better, but the monthly costs for much the same amount of calls, texts etc is much higher.

My friend rang up 02 because his bills were quite high to ask how he could reduce them, and while Vodafone would recommend a different package that would work out cheaper, 02 said "use the phone less, and your bill will be less".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by eoin_s
    I would stick with Vodafone. I switched to 02 a few months ago because I needed a new handset. The 02 range of phones was better, but the monthly costs for much the same amount of calls, texts etc is much higher.

My friend rang up 02 because his bills were quite high to ask how he could reduce them, and while Vodafone would recommend a different package that would work out cheaper, 02 said "use the phone less, and your bill will be less".

Yeah, i think i'll just wait longer for vodafone to bring out the new t630....

The O2 billing options don't appeal to me.

Advertisement