Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deceased Forum Members

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

is that true about kurdt?
    i was pming him for a while he was dead sound
    what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

He was the first person I met from boardsie.

His brother explains briefly in the thread I linked what happened.

He was one of the nicest/funniest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I only wish we'd arranged to meet up for a drink as we'd planned the last time I saw him.

its the sort of thing you never expect to happen , like on an internet community but you do sort of become attached to people , even from just pming or whatever you build up a friendship online
    thats terrible shocking about kurdt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Aye :(

When it happened I was asked to try and keep it off the message boards as his girlfriend/family didn't want everyone to know.

It seemed to happen so out of the blue and because he was so young makes it doubly shocking.

yea i couldnt beleive it when i read it there because more than anything i thought this thread was a bit of a skitt or whatever , thats terrible , i mean he was a lovely bloke from what i could make out from the pms , shocking

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As for the display of names - It could get kind of messed up when anything but a list of dead posters – just something very simply, like RIP at the top of the page and just a list of posters.

As for how it’ll work, I’d imagine, well, badly. If it goes ahead, I can’t wait till the first open-the-newspaper-and-see-your-name-in-the-back-pages type of event happens.

If it gets off the ground, good luck to who ever mods it – you’ll need it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

As for how it’ll work, I’d imagine, well, badly. If it goes ahead, I can’t wait till the first open-the-newspaper-and-see-your-name-in-the-back-pages type of event happens.

what kind of event is this forgive my ignorance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by billy the squid
    what kind of event is this forgive my ignorance

its along the lines of

"....hey I'm not dead, why is my name on that list, bloody cemetery trolls..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by monument

If it gets off the ground, good luck to who ever mods it – you’ll need it!

Why not restrict the first post of a thread to the mod or admins, then? That way, only deaths confirmed by the mod can go up, and everyone else gets to add their bit. If that's too open to abuse, then make it read only. Friends of the deceased could submit ideas for the memorial post, and perhaps an admin or a relative or close online friend can assemble the final tribute to be posted for all to see, but not touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Remember one time there was a thread about, I think, OJ going missing for a few weeks and people posting "If you have any information, please contact ....".

And it turned out he was attending a summer school.

Advertisement