Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to remote update the hosts file, but not through the login script!

Options
  • 23-07-2004 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

basically have a bunch of users (about 100) who need to have some extra entries in their hosts file, but because they use citrix I can't include it in the login script or it's going to mess with the hosts file on the citrix server which we really don't want to do.

i have all the PC names of the machiens that need it doing, and I was hoping to be able to do some sort of batch file that would copy the new file to each machine, but I'm crap at that sort of thing, and I can't find anyone else who has even the vaguest idea how to do it without fecking everything up.

oh to be that little bit smarter! :rolleyes:

can anyone help me out?

thnx.

EDIT: not to worry, got someone to do the decent thing and update DNS entries to save us the bother. Apparently someone had tried to do that before but had some issues so gave up, told everyone it was impossible and used the hosts file for the entries. Nobody thought to question said person's judgement and now he's not even here any more.

ANyway, all fixed thanks to some clever arse. :D

Advertisement