Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Tribes League End of Season

Options
  • 28-04-1999 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Whatever, EM have registered for season 2. smile.gif
    DS are a bit scary - all old skool QWCTFers.

Teeth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

you'd hardly get someone not into the game to admin something !..

and WHO would be selfless enough to stand back n' let everyone else have all the fun... smile.gif

YuM

.. Due to UPgrade I'll be seeing ya all a lot more often... gone are the 15 fps days, har ha har... smoothness b mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

So what goodies you buy yerself YuM?

I see voodoo 3 2000's are in Game for 99.99

drool drool (I know they are not supposed to be all that special - I mean I have 2 v2 12mb in SLI mode, so why do I want to buy one?)

These damn new-technology pc hardware companies should be damn grateful we gamers exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

They exist because we exist.

Ignore the V3, it just isn't worth it. If you have a good 2D card, then stay SLI for now. If you don't then buy a TNT2 if you've an Intel chip.

The only reason someone should buy a V3 is if they lack a good 2D card and are running one of the AMD chips. Oh, and only buy the V3 3500 if you're going to, the others are muck. smile.gif

Personally I'm running a K6-2 with V2 SLI - so I have no need for a V3, and the TNT2 won't perform well (poor 3Dnow optimisation).

I am however upgrading to a Celeron 400a (OCed to 450), at which stage I'll get a TNT2 to replace the manky S3 Virge I use for windows stuff. This will give me great 2D and 3D performance bettering the SLI rig (due to partly to the TNT2, but mostly to the Celeron).

This will mean I'll have two full machines - Celeron 450/TNT2, and a K6-2 300/SLI. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

smile.gif Chung...

I grabbed meself a new Mboard, a celery 400, 6.4 Giggy , v90, D3 aureal thingie & some 8meg AGP tosspot card..& I'll hold on to my voodoo for a while yet

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... & wee bribe from work to sort out their virus troubles...

YuM... up to me *****in fried motherboards / HDD smile.gif

I am truly sad to say reading about all these toys is all a bit thrilling. thank god I am not 14 years old any more & I make a bit of dosh to buy this stuff - I always feel sorry for the poor teenyboppers looking pleadingly at parents for 40 quid to nab the latest game. Or even worse, when the parents take it upon themselves to buy a value 'game pack'. The kid's dying to get half-life & his auntie bought him a pack with Hedz, a crap C&C clone, a crap flight sim, and Barbie nail designer' ...

- Yum - you got that free? Hell, let me know where this company is - I'll nab a copy of norton antivirus of the production line here & sort out their virus probs smile.gif

Anyone have CIH problems? I (after months of doing no antivirus stuff at all on my pc) ran norton av on sunday & found no probs, had no probs on monday, and continue to have no probs. But if you look over on the Quake.ie boards it seems a lot of people got nailed. I know norton av is expensive (and it's always dodgy putting any damn symantec software on your PC IMO), but still - several people had thrashed hard disks and the like.

HeeelOOO people??

Then again, I do little to no warez so maybe I dont get as much crap on my pc.

Isn't the weather feeeyine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

yummy, the AGP aint that bad
    it aint a TNT or Voodoo tho
    but it does the job for now smile.gif

eeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

your a database guy chung aint you?

know anything about access(denied!)97...

any sniff of a chance for london at all, at all - put all plans back a week and come on the beer with the lads, all work and no play.........

I have the price of a new pc but I dont know weather to get one now or wait for the next intel chips 600's ect, or get a fully loaded cellery 466? I am embarassed to say I run a very very very very very humble 166 with 64 megs, a voodoo banshee board, ****e 15" monitor, top 56k modem (ie no usr 3com ****e) and a 2 gig HD smile.gif and my ping is thru the floor and I suffer little or no lag..

I hate working in this weather cos it reminds me too much of america....

No virus probs for mr mcaffee here smile.gif

nah - not really database - oracle applications developer & sometime implementor. Unfortunately, more oracle types haven't a clue about access - not so much because microsoft is the enemy (which would be an oracle corporate line), but because oracle apps are so huge, there's loads a work & learning to do. sorry bout dat! If it's general database concepts you're having probs with, (i.e. relational stuff or SQL, etc) then ask away...

Can't make the party,(damndamndamn!) basically the times dont match up - but will be in london late friday night for the weekend. Are you staying for the weekend? Have you sorted out flights/accommodation?

If you guys are around it would be cool to meet up saturday for a few bevvies smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Congratulations to DarkSide on winning the first ever UK Tribes League.

Well played also to BloodLust who were second and Head Hunters who placed
    third.

Poker
    UKTL Chief Admin
    www.barrysworld.com/uktl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Not being funny or anything, but is the Chief Admin, Poker - also the same Poker in DS?? If so, is that not a conflict of interests??

--Brit--

[This message has been edited by Brit (edited 28-04-99).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement