Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending your contract

• 23-07-2004 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

I just noticed that eircom are offering their existing broadband customers a wireless router for only €50. (It's listed on the Summer Surf promotion page linked from www.eircom.ie - the exact URL has sessionID stuff in it, so there's no point posting it).

I notice that, at the bottom of the application page for existing customers, it says:
    IMPORTANT: By ordering our wireless broadband router, you are agreeing to extend your existing eircom broadband contract by 12 months.

It's not clear whether they mean that someone who ordered broadband last month, and now decides to take this option up will end up with a 23 month contract, or whether they just have to commit to 12 months from now, but I thought I'd highlight it as another example of a DSL provider offering a bargain in return for a contract extension (and €50 for a wireless router sounds like a pretty good deal to me).

Advertisement