Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gauntlet

Options
  • 27-04-1999 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

A suggestion o minions of the fibre optic...

Why not setup a GAUNTLET map, specifically designed to weed out the muppets from the possible contenders. Publish 'try out' times and ensure some of the usual EM members are around to pound on the contenders.

This has several advantages
    1) You know the maps, the muppet hopefuls wont - so they will have to work hard
    2) You can design it to test specific skills (offensive, defensive, team or solo orientated)
    3) You can reserve specific times for trials and try-outs, thereby both reducing the load (in a nice way) without ****ing off the possibles and leaving the door open for future growth.

Whaddya think o legion of light?

Regards,

[clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

There are two empty slots in EM, as the Tribe is not going to exceed 16 members. I make invitations based on the recommendations of current tribe members, and my own opinions.

If there are more strong recommendations than available places, then trials may be required. Currently this is not the case.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clanless_Coyote

Fair enough.

I thought you may want to take a 'process' view for 'replacement' or change issues. Its unlikely the the current lineup will remain identical forever, as you know the only constant is change. You may have more than one EM lineup at some stage even. TRIBES will grow massively once officially release here methinks.

Anyways - not a problem. Thanks for the response.

No probs, seeya on the servers. smile.gif

Teeth.
    (I'd rather there were 2 Irish Tribes than one that was double the size..)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Coyote,

There is the bodies and you have the skill to start a tribe. You r a good player and there is lots of ppl on the servers (Barrys and here) who are tribe less.

Plus I want another tribe to have banter with....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clanless_Coyote

Thanks for the vote of confidence vag, but I'm currently split between two full time roles, in two countries and in college at night. I haven't got the time or energy to start something like that at the mo.

Right now I'd like to hone the skills and get involved with a decent tribe who are serious about strategic teamplaying, not just full on assaults and incidental wins.

Regards,

[clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

again..you're forgetting SS =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Sorry Ripper bout the lack of attention, but you are never around, and don't really represent yourselves very well to us. At least post more to the boars, and voice your opinions, it's the only way you'll get a say. If you say nothing, we forget about you.
    OSiriS

I see on your site you guys have european training - what r ur numbers like?

Rip, the day I see more than just yourself and Blade on the IGN servers is the day there is more than one Irish Tribe. smile.gif

Seriously, you guys seem to spend all your ti me organising yourselves into some mad complex hierarchy, and not enough time kickin' ass!

Teeth.

dems fightin' words

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

granted, the euorpean battalion doesnt get as much action (actually none sofar due to unreliable ...ie. inactive player that DO have the game).

but our command structure works well and our US troops get loads for ass kicking (ie. 7 place in OGL Composite and 2nd in The League with at least 3 to 4 matches a week). Id like to see this for the european ppl, too. but we need about 3 more players before we can actually do some ass kicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

id beg teeth, but u wore me out in bed last night...christ ive shinji all weekend too

what i do for EM!!
    appreciate me!!!!! tongue.gif

ok ill shut up and go back into hibernation now - roll on more good weather woooo

Advertisement