Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Back Dev !!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    I'd encourage anyone to play the 250 if they win a ticket. When Charlie won a ticket to Chocolate Factory did he sell it?? Hell no and that poor bugger was broke.

Last month was a poor attendence because of the 500 game in The Merrion, I'd expect it to be back around 80 entries this month. Now all I need is to go buy a few more chocolate bars and hope I can win a trip there too.

Found one of those lucky chocolate bars tonight. Was playing in the bubble tourney, split first 3 ways and believe it or not the prize came to €270. I think someones trying to tell me something, see ya next Thursday.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

congrats DD, hope you've broke your bad run. I seem to still be in the thick of mine... fnckin' hell last night was ridiculous.... lol!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    Found one of those lucky chocolate bars tonight. Was playing in the bubble tourney, split first 3 ways and believe it or not the prize came to €270. I think someones trying to tell me something, see ya next Thursday.

would you call that a deal? :D

Hard Luck DeV, you had some very nice hands for the short space of time you were there, very unlucky. Did you really put down the queens that time, I only saw the one that flipped.

Now Kratta, I suppose technically it was a deal but in fairness it was 350 for first (50 taken off the top for 5th), 300 for second and 200 for third. We all had even chips and the other 2 were oldies that had their hearts set on a deal, I wasn't gonna pull the Devil's no deals policy on them over a few quid.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah I had a pair of queens (didnt seem like a hard put down when he's calling me both times and theres an Ace on the flop). Yer man expressed surprise I was folding such a high kicker and said it was better then his so I told him the truth, I had a pair of queens. You sound surprised, seemed a reasonable lay down to me...

The deal makes sense (I'll pretty much always deal unless I'm big stacked by a good bit).

DeV.

• Advertisement

I wasn't suprised you folded, just thought you were unlucky, I had pocket queens later on and they got busted too. Luckily enough I had a good few chips in reserve, it seems to be a very unlucky hand for me and many others - never trust those ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

"corben - fifth element, police to corben dallas: "are you human?" Corben Dallas: "no, I'm a meat popsicle." You're dead right though, I am a fruit loop, a fruit loop to the BONE baby!"

LOL didnt get teh reference m8! thought u were just dissin my (average) :D Poker skilzz :)
    np

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

Marq,
    I was the small stack that protected with that all in raise on Thursday night, and while I appreciated it greatly, I think Norman has a point. No one likes to be told that they have made a mistake but the final table, when first to seventh all get the same prize, is not about ordinary poker, it’s about knocking people out. Your reraise helped me out massively and I think Oscar would agree that it changed the result of the table by allowing me to survive.

Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I don't agree. I knew I had you beat and I did. It was only luck that kept you in, and had you been knocked out there and then, Norman wouldn't have said a word. There was no guarantee that anyone else was going to call your ten thousand anyway, but I did what I could to prevent myself losing more than that ten thousand.

Say for example, I had just called, and someone with 25k decides that this is a good oppurtunity to stick it all in when there's a lot of money in the pot. I have to fold. If I lose, it leaves me with a short stack and them I'm the one going all in. I'll take my 80% chance of putting someone out, but I wasn't going to stand for any messing.

I'd do the same again. All in the past now anyway. You going to play on thursday Kelter - it's only 200 euro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

Thanks for the discount rate! but I'm busy that night anyway, a happy convenience thatwill leave me 200 quid richer and with lots of rebuy money for next week to piss people off with

• Advertisement
Advertisement