Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Kerry wins...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Originally posted by netwhizkid
    He opviously hates Ireland and as of for Northern ireland i doubt if he knows it even exists.

Where do you get that from? In order to hate a country you need to know where it is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Originally posted by gaelic cowboy
    Not a chance in hell that is going to happen democrat or republican mark my words

The question was "what should he do - not what will he do. Of course he won't pi$$ off the Jewish lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gaelic cowboy

Im afraid your all forgetting that the republicans will likely be the biggest parties in the congress/house of representatives which will seriously hamper a democratic presidents ability to govern effectively. Kerry would be lucky to get anything signed off on in that senario.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

- Don't sign up to the ICC which is silly and the US have never supported it and never will

I hate to ask it but, why is the ICC silly?
    US would no longer support Israel, so the entire world would now be againist them, so what?
    You think it would change anything?
    Israel will not stop the wall, and nor should they!
    They won't change there ppolicy.
    All it would do is destabilise the region more and perhaps result in a nother war in the middle east which Israel would easily win and be able to take more land, like they should if a country invades them

I'm guessing without the financial support and the constant vetoing of any UN security motion critical of Israel they would quickly find themselves at the receiving end of a heck of a lot of motions.

The chances of that though ar fairly unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I think bush is gonna win no matter what....he'll find a way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

If Kerry wins, we will see 8 years of Bush Lite.

If Bush wins, we will all be lucky to be alive in 8 years.

Those are the choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

Originally posted by PHB
    Kerry has been gaining ground on Bush since the start and now he is starting to take over.
    Every single new report and commision about terrorism is dropping points for Bush.
    Its to hard to call at this stage.

As for what Kerry should do:

- Repeal the Patriot Act
    - Fix Guantanamo Bay by either covering it up better or a much better option is to close it down, and open up a new one somewhere else :)
    - Don't sign up to the ICC which is silly and the US have never supported it and never will
    - Get the UK to get back into Europe and get France and Germany to become friends with the US again
    - Get back to NATO action
    - Get out of Iraq asap and let democracy takes its course

What he shouldn't do is change the US's position on Israel.
    If he did do that what would happen?
    US would no longer support Israel, so the entire world would now be againist them, so what?
    You think it would change anything?
    Israel will not stop the wall, and nor should they!
    They won't change there ppolicy.
    All it would do is destabilise the region more and perhaps result in a nother war in the middle east which Israel would easily win and be able to take more land, like they should if a country invades them

Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself. Here's hoping Kerry, horrible candidate he is, can pull it off...

The war in Iraq was Bush's baby. He'd be up by 15pts right now if it wasn't for that. Whatever about the intelligence excuse for his logic, he knew the risks inherint in his course of action, gambled, and lost. What does it say for the US if the citizens reelect him after that? Nothing good, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

To be honest, I'm not much of a fan of John Kerry. When it comes down to it, he's just not a great politician - he doesn't stand out from the crowd in any way. And because I know so little about him, or what he plans to do with regard to certain policies already mentioned here, I'd be hesitant to support him. However, I keep asking myself this one question - could he be any worse than Bush? The answer I keep coming to is "No".

I think the greatest weapon in Kerry's arsenal is Farenheit 911. The film is a dumbed-down explanation of the current political climate aimed at the average American on the street. If the film reaches enough people, they will reject Bush - how could they not? He's made to look a right idiot throughout. Because of the publicity the film is receiving, there's a good chance of a reasonable number of Bush supporters and undecided voters actually receiving this message. However, people who avoid it and continue to receive their political information via Fox News will be unaware of the scale of the stupidity contained within George Bush. I think the film really has the potential to decide the election.

Apart from that though, Kerry's policies are receiving a fairly mixed reaction by the looks of things. People are calling for more investment, while Kerry is planning to arrest the budget deficet. I agree that it must be done, but is that what the average uneducated American-in-the-street wants to hear? Not really. In fact, I think the terrorists have done more damage to America than they're given (credit?) for. By forcing America into a large-scale occupation of another country, they've increased military expenditure drastically, and caused some very serious economic problems. I'm confident this wasn't their intention, but I'm sure they aren't crying in their caravans when they see reports of GWB asking for another $80 billion from congress, and corresponding reports of a million American job losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gaelic cowboy

Originally posted by mr_angry
    I think the greatest weapon in Kerry's arsenal is Farenheit 911. The film is a dumbed-down explanation of the current political climate aimed at the average American on the street. If the film reaches enough people, they will reject Bush - how could they not? He's made to look a right idiot throughout. Because of the publicity the film is receiving, there's a good chance of a reasonable number of Bush supporters and undecided voters actually receiving this message. However, people who avoid it and continue to receive their political information via Fox News will be unaware of the scale of the stupidity contained within George Bush. I think the film really has the potential to decide the election.

Unfortunately most americans are well aware of Mr Moore's bad side which is a tendancey to be a self publicist and at worst a blatant liar and fudger of the truth. Farenheit 911 could just as easily be a kiss of death for Kerry if he embraces it it's only a matter of time before various stories start emerging showing up the many lies in the film.:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement