Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOL...some spurs fans are so deluded.

• 23-07-2004 12:20pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

this is a letter from a spurs fan..

It's The Mighty Spurs Who Have The Best Strike-Partnership In The Prem!
    So Raphael Benitez thinks that Liverpool has the best strike force in the Premiership does he? Personally I don't think that they do. Owen needs to prove that he has still got it and Baros may have had a good tournament but he has hardly ever set the premiership alight. So who does have the best strike-force?

The Sun ran a piece on Wednesday comparing the strike forces of the top four teams from last season, most have got three good strikers but I have to say that in my opinion my club Spurs has a better trio than any of them mentioned. Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane are both among the most naturally gifted strikers I have ever see and Defoe in particular seems to be a more natural goal getter than either of the two England strikers at Euro 2004.

Back that up with Freddie Kanoute who, when he is fit and gets any service (a problem that many Tottenham strikers have had), is a great English style striker with an eye for goal. I honestly would rather have those three as a group than any of the trio's listed at Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool. If only we could get a good defence and a good midfield to goalong with them then Spurs might start going places!

is it just me or is this normal of all spurs fans?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

you have got to feel sorry for them really. every year its the same thing , they think they are going to be big this season and it never happens.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I could never get my head around why they think they are a big club....is it because they are a London club,they have not done anything for years and not a thing in Europe.In my book forest are a bigger club than they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

And you've got to feel sorry for all those sad, sad footy fans who wait all summer for their chance to take the piss out of Spurs and their fans.

No surprise its a Liverpool fan who starts it, they've had plenty to cheer about of late...;)

For the record, you can take your pick from one of these three partnerships as best strikeforce in the prem:

1. Man U - Van N and Saha

2. Arsenal - Henry and Reyes

3. Newcastle - Shearer and Kluivert

I'm leaving Chelsea out of it because I think they've taken a huge gamble on Drogba.

Originally posted by Dub13
    and not a thing in Europe.

First British side to win a European trophy (CWC in 1963) and two UEFA Cups says different sunshine.

therecklessone,
    Come on you may not like Liverpool for what ever reason but you have to say there forwards have to be up there with the best in the EPL.

Milan Baros:Euro 2004 top scorer

Michael Owen:Had a bad season but still one of the best.

Djibril Cisse:Looks very good and will prove a great buy,anybody who likes there French football will no all about him.

• Advertisement

Milan Baros:Euro 2004 top scorer

Whats that saying, one swallow does not a summer make? One very good tournament performance aside, he has yet to do anything in English football. Potential, yes. Nowt else.
    Michael Owen:Had a bad season but still one of the best.

Make that two bad seasons, and an awful Euro 2004. You do remember Robbie Fowler, don't you?
    Djibril Cisse:Looks very good and will prove a great buy,anybody who likes there French football will no all about him.

The same was said of Diao and Diuof. Now who's LOLing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

I could never get my head around why they think they are a big club....is it because they are a London club,they have not done anything for years and not a thing in Europe.In my book forest are a bigger club than they are.

Being in London does probably have a bit to do with it and living in the shadow of a real giant can not be easy, in fairness they do have some history, but that is all it is.

Spurs have been a joke for a long long time and are nothing more than a very average Premiership side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

this is pathetic

why do people start bashing other fans?

and spurs have more optimism this year than any other in recent history and if you don't know why...you obviously should be shot!!!!

TTID

and please lets not talk about big and giant clubs cos noone knows where to draw the line and noone has a definitive answer on what defines a big club
    of a real giant

mmm

As for Spurs and there early success in Europe I have to say I did not no about them,so I got that bit wrong.I was allways lead to belive they were just a FA cup team.

As for bashing other fans we are not bashing spurs fans just the guy (or girl) who wrought this letter as he genuine seems to think that Spurs have the best forwards in the EPL,now I and others find that very funny.That is not bashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Dub13 you're the worst poster ever in the Soccer forum. Do we really need a new thread for every little titbit of information you read on the net about Liverpool??

Oh Liverpool haven't been linked with some Guatamalan left back today, I better post a thread slagging people for supporting a club other than the mighty Liverpool .

In conclusion, bugger off.

• Advertisement

TwoShedsJackson,
    Thats very civil of you....if you dont want to read a post dont open it.There is no need to get nasty.

TwoShedsJackson,
    Its been a while (if ever) since I read a good football post by you.Other people are replying to it so somebody thinks its a bit of news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Originally posted by irishgeo
    you have got to feel sorry for them really. every year its the same thing , they think they are going to be big this season and it never happens.

KInda reminds me of liverppool fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Dub13 you're the worst poster ever in the Soccer forum.
    Ditto x 1,000,000,000.

Dub13, there is already a thread in best strike forces in the prem. Why didn't you post this in that thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I have a feeling this thread is going to degrade into slagging! What was the point in posting this, it is just a troll to annoy Spurs fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Ditto x 1,000,000,000.

Dub13, there is already a thread in best strike forces in the prem. Why didn't you post this in that thread?

Good point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thread closed. Another one of these and I will start banning people. This type of slanging crap was just why we locked down this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Thread locked, Dub13 final warning. You were banned for a week before because of this crap, next time its permanent. As a note to all people posting, I'm starting to notice things are sliding downhill lately in a lot of threads and the season hasn't even started yet. No off topic threads or my teams better than your team crap anymore or its an instant ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Beat me to it Gandalf :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement