Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEXT Sale

• 23-07-2004 12:29pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if theres anybody else made enough to get up at 5 in the morning to go to the NEXT sale, or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by delly
    Just wondering if theres anybody else made enough to get up at 5 in the morning to go to the NEXT sale, or is it just me?

FIVE AM? No thanks! I'd only ever do something like that for expensive electronic goods sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I definitely wouldn't do it for a heap of clothes left over from last year's sale and hauled out of the storeroom for this sale.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

In fairness most of the stuff that they sell, are quiet recent.

I hate clothes shopping so its a good way of getting good gear at cheap prices, all less than half price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

In fairness most of the stuff that they sell, are quiet recent.

I hate clothes shopping so its a good way of getting good gear at cheap prices, all less than half price

when's it on? Also where, any NEXT?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Its in nearly all nexts and starts at 4 or 5 in the morning.

EVERYTHING is half price or less, and believe me there'll be about 150 to 200 people in Blanchardstown tomorrow morning at 5, purely because it really is a good sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Its in nearly all nexts and starts at 4 or 5 in the morning.

EVERYTHING is half price or less, and believe me there'll be about 150 to 200 people in Blanchardstown tomorrow morning at 5, purely because it really is a good sale.

So I presume it's tonight (techincally tomorrow) at 5am? Is the Blanchards town Next huge or would the Jervis steet place be as good? Are they going to open the entire centre just for one shop?? I know the other shops will be closed but still, the malls are all open plan.

And finally, are you speaking from experience? I mean did you go to the same sale last year at 5am and were you among 150-200 people? I'm surprised at those numbers cause Next doesn't really sell brandname stuff does it, it may have good quality but generally it's brand names that get people out of bed early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

Last year it was just Grafton St and Jervis st that opened early.....
    Grafton St is it's own shop obviously so now probs opening it early and the Jervis st has a side door straight out on to henry st so they don't have to open the Jervis early.
    I'd imagine that Blanch may not actually open at 5. But sure just drive into stephens green and go to Grafton st....not like there'll be any traffic !

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They have a 5 in the morning now?! Didn't think clocks went that early. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's 4am this year (2 hours from now) and I predict the new Next store in Liffey Valley, the biggest Next store in the world, will be jammers

Glad I ain't going :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Was gonna go on my way back from the club, but left too early and well way to pi$$ed to manage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep 4am it was and the Liffey Valley store was packed. The missus got about €800 at normal prices of baby clothing for about €300. That should do the little baba for more than a year :)

Liffey Valley was the the place to be all right.

Got there at 3:30 with about 100 people ahead of me, by the time it opened there was another 100 behind me. It was a whole lot better than before cause of the size of the new store, I didn't have to fight with housewifes for the last of the size 18 shirts. The till queues were a lot quicker as well.

I was packed up and back on the M50 heading to the airport for my breakfast by 5:30.

Result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

The NEXT sale used to be great a couple of years ago - i used to be there at 4am waiting...it was great to get good quality clothes at damn cheap prices. Used to keep me clothed for the year. Recently though it's turned to crap, they take away all the good stuff and shove a load of rubbish they've had for ages in storage into the shops. Don't bother with it anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I got 4 lovely shirts all for about 15 euro reduced from 40-50.
    Didn't get there for 5am either, 5pm was more like it.
    Women were killing each other.

Originally posted by DukeDredd
    The NEXT sale used to be great a couple of years ago - i used to be there at 4am waiting...it was great to get good quality clothes at damn cheap prices. Used to keep me clothed for the year. Recently though it's turned to crap, they take away all the good stuff and shove a load of rubbish they've had for ages in storage into the shops. Don't bother with it anymore...

Ye, I used to think the same, I didn't go last crimbo purely because last Summer was crap.
    But this year in the new store was kick ass. I probably wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for the new shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Battlesnake

Started last sat (24th July) at 4am!!!!!!!
    I somehow didn't hear about it until the following day and went in to get a few things I'd seen before. . . . . . .
    Place looked as if it had been ransacked/looted!
    Went up to the till to ask about some of the homeware stuff I'd wanted, only to see one of the staff ending his shift and recovering his stash of goodies from the store room (Which included my desired items!). . . . . Nice for some ain't it?!

Advertisement