Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Problem

Options
  • 23-07-2004 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭

Hi im running Win 98, on a sony vaio laptop and using my mobile to connect to the internet. It connects fine, but it seems to be a "stale" connection. It sends and receives info, but I cant do anything. Webpages wont open, no messenger programs work. It seems like there is something blocking the download or upload of any information. Its very annoying. Its nothing wrong with my mobile, as it works fine on other laptops. It was working at one stage, but i downloaded an "internet booster" and ever since its been like that. Ive virus checked the comp as well as cheking for bloking ad ware. No avail! Anyone help?
    Thanks

Mr dEcO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

remove 'internet booster' and recreate the DUN :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

If that doesn't work I'd be inclined to boot into dos and do a

scanreg /restore

to before the time that you installed the internet booster thing, if you can, and then removing and re-creating the DUN connection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's not something silly like proxy settings in the connection is it?

are you using a normal dialup connection on the mobile or GPRS?

have you tried recreating the connection from scratch?

have you tried reinstalling DUN?

do you have 'Client for Microsoft Networks' ticked in the connection properties? (note: only TCP/IP should be ticked).

Have you tried re-installing the driver for the mobile?

is it infra-red or a cable?

what number are you dialling, and for which ISP?

Which mobile provider are you using?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

im using GPRS on o2. Ive scandisked it checked the registry (to the best of my ability!) and checking for any autodiallers. Nothing there at all. Ive completed removed the internet booster (again to the best of my knowledge!) and deleted all the different connections that are there. I re created them but again it still not working. Modem connects sends/recieves info, but nothing happens!

Advertisement