Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Casey cd..

Options
  • 23-07-2004 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Ok... So I figured I didn't want to rip off Paddy by downloading the full contents of his latest cd from winmx or some similar s/w so I started to look at buying his cd on the net..

Play.com was the cheapest, altho they were out of stock.

So eventually I gave up waiting & asked the brother to buy it for me. He bought it in Top Twenty, Newbridge , Co. Kildare (shop located in the Dunnes Stores shopping centre) and paid .... wait for it...... €23.99 !!!!!!!! for the damn thing!!!

DEFINITELY THE LAST TIME I WILL BUY A CD FROM A SHOP IN IRELAND!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

It pays to shop around - That album is STG£11.99 on Amazon. Jesus, you can even buy it from Tower Records in the states for $18.

These gouging record shops will charge as much as they can when people are willing to pay for instant gratification.

Personally, I would have downloaded it off WinMX.

And don't tell me downloading is killing the music industry - charging €23.99 for a CD is.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

yep.. as I said its Winmx from here on..

To make matters worse I saw the album in a supervalu in cork over the weekend for €17. :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    It pays to shop around - That album is STG£11.99 on Amazon.

With delivery, that's £14.61 or €22.13. (Air Mail 3-5 business day, which, if my experiences with the Royal Mail are anything to go by, would be pretty optimistic).

If you want Priority Express delivery (1-2 business days) , it'll cost a staggering £27.44, or €41.57!

Suddenly, if you're going to buy CDs, buying locally begins to sound like the sensible thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Top Twenty are and have been for a long, long time a rip off. Would never buy anything from them.

Yeah.. but someone needs to shout it from the rooftops to let everyone know exactly how much they are ripping people off..

I should have bought it from play.. 11.99 sterling delivery included.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Suddenly, if you're going to buy CDs, buying locally begins to sound like the sensible thing to do!

Yeah right. I've heard it all now... Amazon and Tower were the first examples I found. as Jayo99 said, Play is even cheaper.

Yeah right. I've heard it all now... Amazon and Tower were the first examples I found. as Jayo99 said, Play is even cheaper.
    And as he also said, they didn't have it in stock.

If you're going to quote web prices, include the cost of delivery too.

Right. Whatever. Best of luck shopping locally and paying 23.99 for a CD. :rolleyes:

You don't get out much if you really think that "if you're going to buy CDs, buying locally begins to sound like the sensible thing to do!"...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Why would you care about Paddy Casey missing out on the 50c or so he'd receive from the sale? He's not the worst musician in the world but he's massively over-rated and a wanker to boot...

oh right Sleepy.. so you know Paddy Casey well do ya ? or is this just one of ur usual postings ?

• Advertisement

Right. Whatever. Best of luck shopping locally and paying 23.99 for a CD. :rolleyes:

You don't get out much if you really think that "if you're going to buy CDs, buying locally begins to sound like the sensible thing to do!"...
    What's up, ChipZilla, can you not read two sentences in a row without forgetting the first one?

I said that Amazon will charge "a staggering £27.44, or €41.57", if you want to listen to your shiny new CD sometime this week. In comparison, €23.99, and listening to it today, doesn't sound quite so bad.

I wouldn't spend €23.99 on a CD, but I have been known to spend over the odds to get something now, rather than getting it cheaper next week.

Oh dear. :rolleyes: Another one to add to my ignore list. Bye bye Ripwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Think of it as a premium for being able to listen to the music today. I hate paying that bit extra, but I hate waiting a week even more so I just shop in HMV or Abbey Discs.

It's your decision where you shop!!.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

what about www.cdwow.ie
    they are really cheap like 14 euros and thats with free delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Right I've had enough of reading the childish he said/she said.

More bickering from either of you and you're banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement