Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players Still Available for Transfers

• 23-07-2004 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭

BBC have done an article on their website about players that are still available for transfer(most of them free)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3891291.stm

Some of these players (eg Rustu Recber,Sylvain Wiltord) would have commanded quite large transfer fees not to long ago and others (the greek players) ahve came to the fore recently!

Are there any of these players that people would like to see at their clubs, or should they be left on the scrap heap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

petit
    overmars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

leave them on the scrap heap, all past its or golddiggers with a few young rejects in there too.

mido only name that can do anything, still unproven for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Overmars can still do damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You could make a half decent team out of that.

.............................Rustu..............................

.......Dawson........Desailly..........Dellas.........

Overmars.......Carrick......Zagorakis......Petit

.....................Mido......Wiltord......................
    ..........................Amoroso............................

The only players there that are past it are Desailly and Petit and maybe (just maybe) Overmars. Dawson and Carrick are far from young rejects. Amoroso is one of the most proven strikers in Europe. Wiltord is a decent striker with goal ratio of 1 goal for every two starts for Arsenal.

For less than £10m (minus Mido as I don't know how much he's valued at) you can't go wrong.:)

is that dawson from forest
    Overmars would be good for some mid table team like birminham or villa
    Rustu is class just wasnt given a chance at barca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Dawson and Carrick are still young and I don't think can be classed as rejects, I think that they are on the list mainly because their respective clubs would sell them(readily in Carrick's case) but nobody has come into buy them yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

BTW, stick Andy Reid in my team instead of Petit. He's just as much available as any of those players.

Every player has his price

On andy reid though he is a class act and can only get better

Advertisement