Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transformers Live Action Movie!

• 23-07-2004 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Steven Spielberg is executive producing, should be out by 2006. I have a good feeling about this actually as long as its not Transformers Armada, it just confuses me(what the hell are mini-cons?)

Link here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i had a good feeling about alien vs. predator until the marines plot was introduced....same with thunderbirds, until it was announced as live action with all kid actors

so no, i find this movie worrying....how the hell is it gonna be live action anyway ?
    cgi transformers with live action actors would be horrribly bad

and yes, hopefully it wont be armada which is trite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Neon Genesis Evangelion is being made into a live action film too...

again it could be ruined by inproper casting...

WETA are working on the special effects though, I've seen some of their designs of the giant robots and they look pretty great...

I wouldn't put much fate in ILM coming up with decent looking transformers though... WETA has far surpassed ILM in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

live action neon gen???

You have links to info on it please?

If its being made by an american studio i'll be worried. Cause anyone who's watched the entire genesis series (inc. the movies) will know that you cannot symplify neon into a good versus evil storyline. It will HAVE to be a brutal film with all the insecurtiy and trauma's the series had. If its just a big robot action flick i will be sorely disapointed.

transformers movie...meh. Depends. If they aim for the older generation who watched the original movie etc. Then it could be good (spielberg might do that, he's the sort that would) If its aimed for today's kids then i give up now.

Transformers must not go the route of Thunderbirds it must NOT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Please not Energon or Armada. Please no.
    Original series with original character models.

Please.

And if they decide to reintroduce StarScream [ala Armada :rolleyes: ] please have the original voice.

Unfortunately the guy who did the voice of Starscream died several years ago. He was also the voice of Cobra Commander in Action Force/GI Joe, and even the original voice of Moe in the Simpsons.

All I know about the Evangellion film was on the new Resurection DVD which I got yesterday, it has directors cuts of episodes 21, 22 and 23 and also an interview with 2 of the guys from WETA, they show loads of really cool pictures of the designs of the EVAs and the body suits and NERV and Tokyo 2... it all looks very faithful. As far as I know ADV still has full control over the rights. They are probably going to use WETA's designs to shop around for other financiers.

I'm not sure how it would work as a film.. exaclty how many Angels are there going to be...? And then you have the problem of what nationality everyone is going to be... does Franka Potente have a little sister??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

These could possibly be two of the worst ideas ever.

Oh my yes.. very bad ideas...

But those WETA designs are pretty tasty... have a look

All the character names have been westernised... which is worrying Rei Ayanami = Ray, Asuka Langley = Kate Rose and Misato Katsuragi = Susan Whitnall.

Bleh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Don Murphy, producer of the new Transformers movie, has said on his website that Megatron transforming into a gun is "lame" - so don't expect Megatron, Soundwave, Laserbeak, Blaster or Perceptor to be transforming into the alt-modes that they used to....

And here's what he said about the voice actors:
    Originally posted by Don Murphy
    Voices have not been considered and will not until there is a director.
    But since there is a clamoring for the originals it will certainly be a high consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Rei is Ray?
    Since when is Ray a girls name? That's like naming your son Susan! And why do they have to westernise it? Everyone knows that all big, stompy robot research and development is done in Japan :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There's no reason to become overly worried on the EVA names yet, it's just concept art, the names listed might be the names of artists as opposed to characters.

AFAIK, WETA have only done the concept art, they have signed no contract to do the actual CG itself.

CG and human actors have worked in the past, the technology is there to make Transformers a good film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

A live action Transformers movie sounds too good to be true,

Unless they can build huge metal Transformers and film them cos CGI would just be stupid for that..might as well just make it a Cartoon.

Speilberg is executive producer....... Who cares, we want a Directers Name then we'll have a idea of what it might be like, Producers only fund movies they dont have the final say on what they'll be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by Trip Hazard
    Producers only fund movies they dont have the final say on what they'll be like.

That isn't true. The term "executive producer" is incredibly loose, there's no actual job description. George Lucas was executive producer on Raiders of the Lost Ark yet he practically co-directed the film.

Advertisement