Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A job for Muck........?

Options
  • 23-07-2004 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

This was flagged in the Jobs Section in the Irish Times to-day. Surely it would be an ideal opportunity for Comreg to gain someone with an idea of what their about ?

How bout it Muck ?

Commissioner

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Not trying to spoil your optimism but...

having worked in the UNI/Government sector for a while, all jobs are already taken before they put the adverts in the paper.

They're just following procedure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Hehe I'd say that job would require quite the hefty CV before they'd even consider ye.

Worth a shot all the same :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Still, I'd hire him :p

Maybe you ought to create one of those petitions at petitiononline.com!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by dublindude
    Not trying to spoil your optimism but...

having worked in the UNI/Government sector for a while, all jobs are already taken before they put the adverts in the paper.

They're just following procedure...

That's some procedure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    That's some procedure :D
    You don't know the half of it. I once worked in the DIT. I was the "preferred candidate" long before the position was advertised, and went through the standard application and interview process. It was a real interview, and I wasn't guaranteed the job, but as I had been doing the job on a part-time basis, the Department knew exactly what it was getting with me, and unless there was a very exceptional candidate among the other interviewees, I was expected to get the job.

I was interviewed in the morning, and later that afternoon, both my brother and my mother were contacted by local politicians that they had dealings with to tell them that I had gotten the job (the DIT was part of the City of Dublin VEC at the time, and technically under the control of Dublin Corporation). I wasn't told officially until a few days later. That was back in the '80s, but I'd be surprised if things had changed much since then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement