Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI 10 year ticket scheme

• 23-07-2004 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

(Firstly thanks 2 Cruiserweight & JohnyBravo 4 helping me get on here)

Just to let every1 know the FAI are offering a renewal of the 10 year ticket scheme at 7,500 per ticket. R

Received the wonderful news during the week that I have first option to renew my 2 ticket in the delapadated east stand for a tremendous value 15,000 euro.

These seats cost 1,500 punts each back in 1994 so 3,000 punts then has increased to 15,000 euro in 2004.

Argentinia type inflation rates operating in Merrion square.

A lot of unusual activities have happened behind the famous green door in recent years.

It seems the FAI aregoing to try & stitch up prices big time to pay for redundancies legal bills Saipan inquries etc...

This price was probably arrived at on the basis that the rugby 10 year tickets are 9,000 euro each with a waiting list.

Cant see too many takers on this one. Get ready for price increase on the individual match day front when the World Cup campaign starts also.

You havebeen warnd
    :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

How are they going to work the 10 year ticket thing if the place is going to be redeveloped within the next few years?

To be honest an increase of that amount would just put me off completely but the FAI know they'll sell them, if not to normal punters then to the corporate sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by kilkennycat2004
    Get ready for price increase on the individual match day front when the World Cup campaign starts also.:
    http://www.fai.ie/NR/exeres/D6637A76-4511-4BD3-83C2-0A297F0474F1.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

my maths might be off here but fisrt i need some info, how many matches a year doe sthis cover? Is it just full home internationals? Would that not amount to around 10 at the very outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm wondering that myself. Ireland would play around 50 home matches over the 10 years. 50 x €60 = €3,000. What are you getting for €7,500?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I'm wondering that myself. Ireland would play around 50 home matches over the 10 years. 50 x €60 = €3,000. What are you getting for €7,500?

plastic sticker with your name on it which you attach to your seat on matchdays?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

no trying to defend the fai but in ten years time and you come back to this thread, 15 grand might seem like a bargain!!!

they want to cover themselves for inflation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by sikes
    no trying to defend the fai but in ten years time and you come back to this thread, 15 grand might seem like a bargain!!!

they want to cover themselves for inflation

Or we could go into a massive recession(sp?) and it could be enough build homes for and feed the nations homeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Stekelly
    Or we could go into a massive recession(sp?) and it could be enough build homes for and feed the nations homeless.

And lets all hope this does not happen... Cant see the short term benefit of it myself.. They are obviously hoping people will look ahead to the redevelopment and know they have seats bought already.. I am guessing the match day tickets will be increased alot by this stage..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

People who block-book tickets can usually afford it, and people who buy 10-year tickets, even more so. If you buy a 10 year ticket, then you obviously have this sort of money to play around with. Block-booking is a different story, you can cancel at any time AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Originally posted by eirebhoy

The scheme gives you an option to purchase a similar ticket in the new stadium if it ever happens. Outstanding amount remaining will be taken into account. This is FAI speak for expect a further increase very soon.

We only have 6 or so home matches per year & with friendlies getting rarer in the year ahead this ticket at 7,500 each will never be value for money.

Have checked with some of my neighbours from previous 10 year scheme still to come across even one that wants to renew at these outrageous prices. The 1994 scheme was pitched for factory workers, the new one for corporate sector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Block booking is completely different to 10 year tickets anyway, paying up front is a pretty big difference.

Advertisement