Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom monthly bill

• 23-07-2004 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭

Hi,

After a long, long wait I have finally got my broadband from eircom. Is the download limit calculated by a calender month or per 30 days post subscription? Since my subscription started this week does this mean I have 9 days to use my limit?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by homah_7ft
    After a long, long wait I have finally got my broadband from eircom. Is the download limit calculated by a calender month or per 30 days post subscription? Since my subscription started this week does this mean I have 9 days to use my limit?
    It's per calendar month.

And it's a limit, not a target - nobody is going to yell at you if you don't use it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Ripwave
    And it's a limit, not a target - nobody is going to yell at you if you don't use it all.
    I will.

might as well make the most of eircon's overpriced, undercapped product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

also they have yet to start charging for people going over the cap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Thanks for the replys. Time to start downloading methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭homerzero

before you download everything in sight .You will only be entitled to a percentage of your download limit = the percentage of the month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

before you download everything in sight .You will only be entitled to a percentage of your download limit = the percentage of the month
    I think not. I believe it was advertised as 8gb a month (or is it 4?). Therefore he can get whatever he wants (under that limit) until the end of the month, which is in a weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Seem to remember they are going to start charging next month, but as my mind is currently a sieve I am completely unable to substantiate this. I wonder if phoning them might elicit some definite information on this.

Originally posted by MarVeL
    Seem to remember they are going to start charging next month, but as my mind is currently a sieve I am completely unable to substantiate this. I wonder if phoning them might elicit some definite information on this.

yes please do tell them to stop being so lazy, its about time they enforced the cap :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yeah - I got mine in yesterday & was told that I had the full 4Gb compliment avaliable for use until the end of the calendar month.

btw - from initial phone call to receipt of Netopia & active broadband was four days...is this a record ??

Originally posted by Andip
    Yeah - I got mine in yesterday & was told that I had the full 4Gb compliment avaliable for use until the end of the calendar month.

btw - from initial phone call to receipt of Netopia & active broadband was four days...is this a record ??

not at all i think i few people have got it that fast
    eircom only drag their heals when providing wholesale access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

They don't seem to be slow in sending out the bills though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

not at all i think i few people have got it that fast

not me, waiting 4 weeks now, not a happy camper at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭visigoth

Originally posted by flameboy
    not me, waiting 4 weeks now, not a happy camper at all

4weeks??? holy cripple! you should ring Eircom and follow up your order... maybe you missed your modem, could be sitting in the SDS sorting office in Naas - they wont connect you till you've got your modem, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Originally posted by visigoth
    4weeks??? holy cripple! you should ring Eircom and follow up your order... maybe you missed your modem, could be sitting in the SDS sorting office in Naas - they wont connect you till you've got your modem, like.

Yes they will i got a loan of modem while waiting 4 mine worked fine(all the setting ar on eircoms broadband page) password is generic- eircom - broadband1.

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    I think not. I believe it was advertised as 8gb a month (or is it 4?). Therefore he can get whatever he wants (under that limit) until the end of the month, which is in a weeks time.
    It's also advertised at €40/month - do you think they charge you €40 if they only connect you on the 25th of the month?

(Having said that, I really doubt that they'd bother setting up their monitors to trap new users using a full months allowance in their part month).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Originally posted by Ripwave
    do you think they charge you €40 if they only connect you on the 25th of the month?

Doesn't really matter this month......they're offering the first 3 months of summer free this year...

Originally posted by DoesNotCompute
    Doesn't really matter this month......they're offering the first 3 months of summer free this year...
    No, they're not!

Eircom offered people connected in June "free surfing" until August 31st" - for those connected in the last week of June, that was only 2 and a bit months. For people connected in July, it's free until September 30th - again, only 2 and a bit months free for those connected this week.

The point stands, though. In principle, if you get connected in the middle of the month, you'd only be charged for half a month. By the same token, in principle you'd only be "entitled" to half a months download allowance. But in reality, it would be more trouble that it would be worth for eircom to chase up people who downloaded 3G in their first "half month", so it's pretty unlikely that you'll be stung for using a full months download allowance if you're connected in the middle of the month.

Advertisement