Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best First Episode

• 23-07-2004 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Vote away for your faverate first episode of star trek.
    First Episodes are never that good.
    To make This simpler there will be a option to vote for either The Cage or The Man Trap for TOS first episode.

The Cage
    The Man Trap
    Encounter At Farpoint
    Emessary
    The Caretaker
    Broken Bow

Cage was Good, Had some very funny and memorable moments in it like Captin pike saying "I just cant get used to wommen being on the bridge" - Classic Star Trek moment

Man trap i havent seen it since i was about 5 or 6 so i cant comment

Encounter at farpoint, Not that great - a bad start for TNG.

Emessary, OK , it was better than Encounter at farpoint but still wasent that great. The episode spent too much time with the prophets. Still tho from the first time we saw ducat in DS9 u knew he would always be there. i know ducat was in TNG but the cardies looked **** in TNG

Caretaker was ok/good, i enjoyed the maque raming the kazon mothership and i liked the story. Was good and enjoyable. Funny story i started watching voyager after caretaker so it was about 16 episodes in before i finanley rented out the first episode to find out how they endeded up in the delta

Broken bow, emm nough said.... Ok no realey i dont know what to say. It was watchable because it was star trek. I emm no i just dont know what to say.

Faverate First Episode 16 votes

The Cage
    0% 0 votes
    The Man Trap
    12% 2 votes
    Encounter At Farpoint
    0% 0 votes
    Emessary
    18% 3 votes
    The Care Taker
    25% 4 votes
    Broken Bow
    43% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Hmm... Tough one alright. Haven't see The Man Trap either, but I can't imagine it being much better than The Cage. I'd say the best two are DS9 and Voyager. If I had to choose, it'd be DS9. Haven't seen that in a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

tbh i love TOS, so id go for the cage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Weird, I thought the first episode of TOS was "Where no man has gone before".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Stark
    Weird, I thought the first episode of TOS was "Where no man has gone before".
    from startrek.com

'The Cage' (pilot) had production number 001 and it doesnt have an origional air date.

'The Man Trap' was the first aired (on 09.08.66) but was production number 006. 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' was aired on 09.22.66, but had production number 002, making it the 2nd episode (after 'The Cage') actually produced but it was eventually the 3rd aired on telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Broken Bow, with The Cage a close second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

i think the care taker is the best, farpoint was very average, i havent seen the rest tb, so i have to go for voyager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Emissary... big Wolf 359 battle at the start! :) Back when the Borg were actually a threat to the Federation.

Advertisement