Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeved PSU

Options
  • 23-07-2004 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Not that hard to do, aint got the tool to remove the power connector, p4 plug took a while to get off. Its all uv reactive so should look well when i get it set up again...

Pic aint the best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

There is a much easier way of sleeving the thicker bunches of wires. I simply used black insulating tape and wrapped it around tight to stealth all cables so they won't be visible through the windows.
    If you want UV, you can get UV reactive tape too. Its very cheap and can be got in any good dj, party, disco or electronic equipment shops. I seen it ones in the light effects section.

By the way i hate wires in the pc and im hoping that in a few decates everything even inside a pc will be wireless ;) But i wouldn't think so

I might try n get some uv tape r spiral wrap if poss. Should ave ordered some when i got the braiding....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

LOL i did the exact same thing tonight,with UV green sleeving and UV green power connectors,I'll post up a pic later,looks sweet btw.

:)
    CC

Did u manage to do anything with the power cables??? Take it u got ur gear from fleetwood. Saw ur pc on the site... The heatshrink in the kit would be perfect for those cables n i've the new blue connector for them. If only i could get the old one off!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Looks good. I got a Vantec sleeving kit a couple of months ago, and it's still lying there! Did you have to take every connector off to get the sleeving on? I had been considering getting some spiral warps instead.

My be-Quiet! has a huge supply of wires, so I had been considering snipping some of the excess ones off, but I'm always afraid I might need them some time in the future. :)

I got a molex removing tool with my kit so its easy getting them off, getting the braiding on can be difficult but all u need is patience... I wouldnt go snipping any cables off, just zip tie them and leave them resting ontop of the psu in the case.... Its what I do. Gonna sleeve my 2nd psu now before i get the system back up n running again

Just tested the psu to make sure its workin, Smoke then flames then ME diving at the ps cable!!!! Two of the cables id left over from setting up a relay for my 2nd psu where shorting.... Close call.

Personal note.... DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:eek:

Omg roflmao....sorry its not funny but dam that was close,could of taken your mobo and cpu with it.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Originally posted by unklerosco
    Just tested the psu to make sure its workin, Smoke then flames then ME diving at the ps cable!!!! Two of the cables id left over from setting up a relay for my 2nd psu where shorting.... Close call.

Personal note.... DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING :rolleyes:

Nearly had another hardware disaster there man. :)
    Actually I've just realised with surprise that you had snipped one of the berg connectors on your Zalman to get the 12v power for the relay, I thought maybe you would use one of those molex to 3 pin fan type adapters there to avoid cutting wires on the better psu.

• Advertisement

That would have made sense, i like to act first n think ltr.... Its quicker:D

Advertisement