Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being banned

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You left out "And then Unrealqueen jumps in to gloat because she found someone else to agree with her". The original poster was shot down because he wasn't making any sense, which has been a hallmark of your complaints in the past too. "I wasn't let do what I bloody well want" isn't an airtight case I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cleareyed

To end my contribution to this thread I add the following:
    I am not referring to mod "abuse". I referred to the procedures that are applied when banning.
    I am not in the least naive about private entities and "management refuses the right to refuse access". You need to consider how the rights of management regarding access are limited by Irish law.
    My reference to natural justice has drawn some unusual responses; all I can say again is that I am basing my comments on my own working experience where this has had a profound impact on procedures and it has been used successfully time and again at various tribunals and in the Irish courts. The fact that some ppl may not have heard of it does not mean it does not exist.
    Gordon is almost there when he /she writes
    I think that natural justice most definately occurs when one is banned for no apparent reason and no clue is given to the reasons behind such banning
    If "most definitely occurs" was changed to "is most definitely (imho) violated" it would be a re-statement of my pov.
    For big ears: mods/admins are not the law. I believe that the activities even on a bulletin board such as this are subject to real law.
    For ecksor I repeat that I am making a suggestion about procedures based on a legal principle. I repeat that I believe there is a legal problem with procedures here. I may, as I have said previously, be incorrect because of the legal difficulties with the internet but I have not heard any definitive reply that points that out. And no, none of your replies add anything to this except for revealing a sharp sensitivity to the raising of issues in a civil and reasonable manner. Telling me that something "has flown far over my head" is both patronising and incorrect. I have found in ten years on the internet that the two are almost always found together.
    I look forward to using these boards over the coming months; I do not expect to be banned for raising a point such as this in a manner that has, at least on my part, avoided offering personal offence or provocation.

For cleareyed, I repeat that you are talking arse.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by cleareyed I have not heard any definitive reply that points that out.

YOU ARE WRONG.
    I have found in ten years on the internet that the two are almost always found together.

For having spent a decade on the internet, you have learned surprisingly little about the way it works.

oh, and might I add,
    setmypeoplefree.jpg
    There's about 4 other cards that could be played here, but the point is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm going to sue my neighbour because he won't let me piss all over his garden.

Makes about as much sense to me as the original post, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You're going to have to realise sooner or later that not everyone is into that sort of thing koneko. Have you suggested that he tries it out on your lawn first, so that he can get an idea of what's involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think that natural justice most definately occurs when one is banned for no apparent reason and no clue is given to the reasons behind such banning
    Surely you mean that "natural justice is most definately breached". :) Of course, having the courts enforce natural justice here would be another matter.
    Originally posted by cleareyed
    Gordon is almost there when he /she writes If "most definitely occurs" was changed to "is most definitely (imho) violated" it would be a re-statement of my pov.
    For big ears: mods/admins are not the law. I believe that the activities even on a bulletin board such as this are subject to real law.
    Do you honestly think a judge would entertain 99.9% of the ramblings here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by ecksor
    You left out "And then Unrealqueen jumps in to gloat because she found someone else to agree with her". The original poster was shot down because he wasn't making any sense, which has been a hallmark of your complaints in the past too. "I wasn't let do what I bloody well want" isn't an airtight case I'm afraid.

not airtight but a good lawyer could work with it .;)

Surely you mean that "natural justice is most definately breached". Of course, having the courts enforce natural justice here would be another matter.
    Yes Victor. That is what I have been saying. The "another matter" is the only thing really at issue.
    Do you honestly think a judge would entertain 99.9% of the ramblings here?
    I don't know which ramblings you are referring to. I know they have entertained and enforced the precise point I started with here many times. I reckon it is only a matter of time before someone tries it.

We are family!

I got all my sisters with me ...

We are family!

Get up everybody and sing ....

• Advertisement

Coach shot dead for questioning ref
    Sunday, 25 July, 2004

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A South African soccer referee pulled a gun and shot dead a coach who questioned one of his rulings, police say.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What I believe is what I said, I mean no other re-edit of my post. It is the natural way of how things work that is the reason that things are, this is "natural". I find it very amusing when people complain that "genetically engineered babies are unnatural" and " the atom bomb is unnatural" when clearly it is very natural as all such possibilities exist in "nature". And this world we live in which may be either dog eat dog or civilised murder is at the very base of worldly life - natural, like it or lump it. It is all the way of things. Whether or not you want to complain about how nature is taking course depends on your lawyer.

Are you local?

Anyway, I've got all their sisters with me.. etc

Originally posted by ecksor
    We are family!

I got all my sisters with me ...

We are family!

Get up everybody and sing ....

sings along with everyone , everyone suddenly stops but Big Ears stays singing , everyone points and laughs at Big Ears , he hides in the corner :o .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't know which ramblings you are referring to. I know they have entertained and enforced the precise point I started with here many times. I reckon it is only a matter of time before someone tries it.
    If this was changed to: "I am a typewriter" then we would really be talking.

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A South African soccer referee pulled a gun and shot dead a coach who questioned one of his rulings, police say.

Nice one!

If this was changed to: "I am a typewriter" then we would really be talking.
    No. We would be typing. But we are doing that and still not talking.
    Thanks ecksor.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Gordon, you are think more along the lines of jungle law, one step up from natural selection ;)

It's not cricket, but see here Guidelines on the Principles of Natural Justice

No. We would be typing. But we are doing that and still not talking.
    Thanks ecksor.

u said u had made you're final contribution to the thread about 4 posts ago .

so why are u continueing on .

"Try to see it my way,
    Do I have to keep on talking till I can’t go on?
    While you see it your way,
    Run the risk of knowing that our love may soon be gone.
    We can work it out,
    We can work it out."

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ecksor_cleareyed.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And here were were thinking that you had ened your contribution!

Someone went and looked it up. Victor, you have restored my faith that the internet is not populated by adolescents. Big ears, I changed my mind. It's the prerogative of people who think. And I didn't need to ask anyone for permission to do it either biggy. I hope you understand. Ecksor, that was a terrible thing that referee did.

It must have been so satisfying though. I bet the coach was talking absolute rubbish too.

ecksor! I am surprised. How can it be satisfying to kill another human being? And the triviality of it.

I'm very petty when twits are involved.

On the other hand I am extremely polite and patient when twits are involved.

I forgot to explain why: twits tend to have hair trigger reactions. Bit like the ref I suppose. I'm off now. Hope you have a great evening.

Ooh, who's being petty now! You're getting the hang of this. If you learned a little bit about what rights boards.ie has as the publishers of content on and owners of this site and what rights you have as someone who metaphorically walked in off the street and didn't pay a penny for the privilege of posting then you could be an admin some day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Finally amp may wish to know that “ever” is spelt with a final “e”, not an “a”.

If ever there was a proof that you don't understand the culture of boards.ie this is it. Possibly if you had spent more time getting to know this site rather than lashing out at it with crap about natural justice and legal action you might have got a more serious response from myself and others.

Or maybe you're still in some deluded state where you believe that life is fair. It isn't, get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Oh lord the ecksor bot is stuck in an infinite loop and cleareyed is a idiot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement