Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This is what I feared would happen

Options
  • 24-07-2004 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 65,387 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

... when appointing additional mods to this lovely forum
    Originally posted by Borzoi
    Why can't we all just get along?

We were doing that just fine. Was it really necessary Borzoi to ban ChipZilla?

I feel that is unfair...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wont speak for Borzoi but we PM-ed each other on this, the feeling being that Chipzilla was loosing the run of himself somewhat with a certain hostiity creeping in which I think is damaging to the forum. The thread itself was becoming a shouting match and it was clear the direction it was going in.

Anyone who is a regular on the soccer board knows how muppetty of the worst sort developed there. I'd hate to think we'd end up have to put bouncers on the door here.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by unkel

We were doing that just fine. Was it really necessary Borzoi to ban ChipZilla?

I feel that is unfair...

Hey, I argued against extra mods on this forum too - and look where it got me.:(

ChipZilla is a good contributer to the forum, nevertheless he has had a habit of insulting people - he was warned in a previous thread for the first incidence, for the second incidence he received a one week ban. I have PMed him the details of this - he'll be back Friday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Perhaps bans should be held off unless and until someone who actually feels insulted makes a complaint?

The biker thread was locked, though I didn't see any problem with it. What's the big deal if it gets out of hand? It's just one thread, if you don't want to read it, you don't have to..

tuppence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The problem with saying "ah sure its only the one thread ignore it" is that one becomes two becomes a shooting gallery for bad attitudes and behaviour and "hey presto"
    someone does take offence, PMs the Admins and then we get a slap and maybe several ppl end up getting banned for good.

We love you all so much we want to do the right thing :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

To be honest, I was enjoying that thread, and took no offence to what Chipzilla said, the ignorant will always use violence in place of words (OK, i'll stop trolling :p), but if that's the way that the mods want to run the forum so be it. I think the Motors forum has just been lucky in that before, we had plenty of discussions that got overheated and abusive, but managed to fizzle out before they turned into one of those boards-changing events where even the uninterested get sucked in and take part in the abuse.

Anything to turn down the heat can only be a good thing. Mods have no handbook, and can only go on their best judgement, so we should let them judge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,387 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hey, I argued against extra mods on this forum too - and look where it got me.:(

True, in fact:
    I personally like the low level of moderation that Neil seems to favour

So do I, unless modding is pro-active ;)

Grand to ban muppets / abusive posters, but to ban someone who has been around a bit on this forum for something so futile doesn't really do much good for this forum imho

Just my 2 cents...

Anyway, I know it's hard to call the shots and you do have to make difficult decisions sometimes and you can't make everybody happy all the time, so best of luck to Borzoi and Mike65 in modding this forum :)

Advertisement