Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA, Season 1, Episode 3: Hide and Seek [Spoilers]

Options
  • 24-07-2004 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Well the first of u should be getting ur vidio tapes mailed over in the next few hours. i posted this so i can add a poll. i like polls with new eisodes.

Rate This Episode 19 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    10% 2 votes
    Ok
    73% 14 votes
    Bad
    5% 1 vote
    You Wasted 44 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    10% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

A decent but uninspired episode. It didn't help being on right after a very similar episode of SG1.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

It was no "Enemy Within" but wasn't a complete dissapointment. I like the changes they've made to McCays character since he first appeared in SG1, he's pretty likeable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I liked it. A lot of very funny moments such as Sheppard throwing McCay off the ledge :D and we get to see some more of the city though not much also its amazing how much the new team feels like a team after just 2 weeks Over all 2 thumbs up!

Next weeks ep looks good a gateship *puddle jumper sounds crap* gets stuck in a active stargate

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pretty dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I thought it was good. Not as good as the SG1 episode but still good.
    I like the way they are still finding out new stuff about the city like the transporters or as they will probbley be named "puddle make go somewhere elces" [uddlejumper is a crap name they will probbley ax that name. I was confined at the start that it was just a anchient observer.

1 thing i just dont get why didnt they send the creature to a Wraith planet? It qould have destroyed them or they would have destroyed it. either way a good result for the SGA team.

As biz said nexy week a gateship gets tuck i think the episode name is 38 mins so that would imply the legenth of time it would take for the wormhole to collapse.
    I hope the episode isent too much like the time when tel`c gets stuck in the gate after he destroys the alkiash and it crashes into the gate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just watched my US videotape. I actually prefered this one to SG1's effort, despite their similiar theme of disembodied intruder. I'm certainly enjoying the characters - particularly McKay (who, unlike many, I did enjoy in SG1). Dr. Weir also is growing on me although I've yet to warm to Teyla and Ford hasn't had enough time to let me decide one way or the other. In fact the non-screen credit Dr. Beckett and Dr. Grodin get as much screen time as he does (although I like them too).

And, in keeping with what was said here last week, it seems they *are* trying to get everyone compatible with ATA devices. I'm also glad that the team seem actually intelligent - they worked out pretty quickly that McKay was causing the shield to remain activated and took a logical, practical approach to solving their crisis.

One thing that I'm worried about is the question of supplies - how are they going to continue with food? How will they get new supplies given they're feeding Teyla's people? Also they just threw away a naquadah generator - they can't have many to spare can they...

Still so far Atlantis is pleasing me and that's good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I guess throwing away the spear reactor was the better of two evils either 1 lose your backup or 2 get fried by a big black energy cloud. Also getting food shouldn’t be that big a problem Atlantis more than likely has some advanced farm or star trek like replicators and if it doesn’t there’s a load of worlds with humans on them trade is a lovely thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Conechwea - it tastes like chicken.... (i cant remember is that the name of the food they ate in the SG movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Enjoyed it.

I dont really like that Tayla one though. She just really bugs me. All the people/kids that the team rescued see like they were taken direct from LA or something though as opposed to the planet they are supposed to be from. The show doesnt seem quite as solid as SG1 yet, but i have high hopes for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i thought it was a ponderous beast at best, the humor of McCay and sheppard was the only redeeming factor, im late on episode 4 but it seems like its going to be a very 'lets bond the team' episode with them facing death over the whole hour :P

i didnt like the similarities to SG10803 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

*bump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

I enjoyed it.

Was a bit dissapointed that there wasn't enough Wraith storyline in the episode considering they've just woken them up.

I'm really liking most of the characters but Tayla can be annoying in her "I'm a refugee take pity on me and listen to whatever I want to mouth on about" part in the show.

Advertisement