Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I want to wax my car. Recommend a wax and dublin garage I can buy alloys from??

Options
  • 24-07-2004 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Need to get some wax for my car. Whats the best kind and where can i buy it?

I also need alloys for a VW Golf Mark V. Recommend any? The car is navy and looks really silly with plastic hubs.

Thanks yoU!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've no details on this but the garage where I bought my Alfa told me there is a semi permenant coating that can be applied by a Dublin company. Apparently it prevents tar and bugs from ruining the paint work - might be worth investigating. Good luck with the car.

http://www.volkswagen.co.nz/golf/wheelchoosers/wheel-chooser.html#

I like the rims on the extreme right - nice in 16's with wide 205/50 tyres :)

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

most of the golfs you see (like that silver one from the billboards with the 5 spoke alloys) advertised have votex kits + alloys on them

you can order the wheels/whatever from the volkswagen garage

[edit]dont click if your 56k or a moany bitch[/edit]

votex

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Just as an aside here - I think it would be at least polite if people would indicate that a link they have provided will initaite a 2MB file download instead of a link to a website - /end gripe

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Anything to do with car care, I have to say 'Autoglym'. It's fantastic. It's a bit pricey compared with others, but when you use it, you'll know why! The wax is called 'Super resin polish' There are also other products for different parts of the car. Along with the polish, I use 'Bumper Care', 'Tyre Dressing' and 'Metal Polish'

http://www.autoglym.com/

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

meguirs nxt wax is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey dcGT,

Know where I can buy those goods online or in Dublin?

Cheers!
    cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

@Cheesedude:

You can get them in most motor factors (e.g. 'Consort' Motor Parts in Finglas/Drumcondra/Artane)

Also, 'Motorway' car shop in Blanchardstown Centre sells this stuff...but they are always dearer for everything.

hth,

DC.

Advertisement