Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubs All Ireland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ciarann

Dublin will beat Kerry.they were up for it against rosco and they will love a short at kerry.kerry wont want to play Dublin so if we can box them around early on and get the sloopy heads of us at the back we can do it as for Armagh yes there a good team but Dublin are one team who can take them on a off day.come on the Dubs :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

ciarann wrote:
    Dublin will beat Kerry.they were up for it against rosco and they will love a short at kerry.kerry wont want to play Dublin so if we can box them around early on and get the sloopy heads of us at the back we can do it as for Armagh yes there a good team but Dublin are one team who can take them on a off day.come on the Dubs :o

:rolleyes:
    Sorry but I cannot see anything but a Kerry victory here. Although if Dublin do win they are on what could be considered the easier side of the draw. As for Armagh there are much better teams than Dublin who stand a much better chance against Armagh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Dublin so if we can box them around early on
    Name one Dublin player that could put it up to Kerry physically!! Your raving. Even Cooper would boss the Dubs around!
    they were up for it against rosco
    Were they? I only seen one player up for it. Roscommon at least 60% of possession the last day. I'd nearly predict MFRussell and Cooper to score 1-5 each from play the next day alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

i have big doubts about the dublin fullback line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Name one Dublin player that could put it up to Kerry physically!!

Sherlock.

Recall Cork 95 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

My problem is more with the half backs. The opposition seem to be able to carry the ball and run at Dublins defence without too much bother. We need the midfield and half backs to improveonn this. MM, yet again you are letting your bias against Dublin get teh better of you. To say Kerry have the beating og Dublin in every position is a bit much. However, if I recall correctly Tommy Carrr last championship match for Dublin was an All Ireland quarter final replay against Kerry. Three years on I think Tommy Lyons may fall at the same hurdle.

MM, yet again you are letting your bias against Dublin get teh better of you.
    I'm sorry. I really don't have a bias against the Dubs. In fact I think that the further they get the more the excitement and profile the game gets. I just think that this particular Dublin team is off the pace and has probems.
    To say Kerry have the beating og Dublin in every position is a bit much.
    This lark of twisting/inventing other peoples posts is a lark!. Point out exactly where I said this. What I did say in response to CIaran post was that Dublin wouldnt be able to knock Kerry around the place in the first 10 minutes as suggested. IMO they wouldnt be able to physically. But neither would westmeath and I would fancy them to beat Kerry if they meet.
    (neither was limerick but should of beat them twice).

I just can't see this Dublin team as having a hope against any team left in the competition. I also really believe that Roscommon left it behind them the last day. They could of easily beaten this "geared up" "point to prove" and in the end unconvincing Dublin team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Kerry aren't as good as some people are making out. They ahve shown a few weakenesses this. The tie will be a great incentive for both teams. It will be close but I give us a good chance. We are due a win over Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The Dubs had only one of their six forwards playing up to scratch (oh, how I'd love to have the energy (or knowledge :D ) to dig up all the past posts (from both Dubs and non-Dubs) about how useless Jason is!). Robertson will improve with each game, and the other 4 were all below their usual par.

Our midfield was average and our defence was very shaky. Still we beat the Rossies comfortably. How bad must they be??

Well, Mr. thirdmantackle of Roscommon, who continually puts down the Dublin team, what do you say? Was it sickening to watch your team being beaten by such an over-rated over-hyped bunch of useless Dubs??

The Dubs will go in very much as underdogs against Kerry. If Kerry take us lightly and our lads play as they are capable, an upset cannot be ruled out. Here's hoping for an All Leinster semi final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

Overhyped - yes.

Usless - no.

I never said anywhere thta Dublin are useless - handy enough team but they lack enough quality to beat better teams - as do Roscommon. If we had scored the goals and took our point chances then we would have won. When Ros don't score a goal we are always in trouble. Francie at CF works much better and Casey at CB. Don't see why Jimmy Nail or Gerry Lohan weren't thrown on to grab a goal - again TC not throwing caution to the wind

I think Westmeath will be into an All-Ireland semi final.

• Advertisement

Jason Sherlock has good and bad years. The first time I saw him was playing minor for Dublin in Croke Park. "The little dark lad stood out and he was a great bit of stuff" as we thought then. He played well in 1995 and of course really made his name gettting away from Mark O'Connor and scoring that goal against Cork in the All-Ireland Semi-Final and lived on that for quiet a while. He disappointed for a few years then. He is playing better over the past year or two.

Back in '95 I thought he was over rated and had no real place on a Dublin team. Now even though he has more then likely lost a few yards I think he is a much better player then he was in 1995. Fair dues to him, I have cursed him as loud and as harshly as anyone but over the last two seasons he has shut me up!

Think dubs are developing an Armagh "everyone against us" syndrom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

In my opinion, though they aren't nearly as good this year as others, it'll be Kerry coming out of that particular pairing. There'll be plenty of scores but I think the Kerry firepower will tip the balance in their favour.

Kerry have not been at their best this year.

That's very funny, coming from you Mighty Mouse :D:p:D:p:D

That's very funny, coming from you Mighty Mouse
    I dont understand :confused: Did I say everyone was against Roscommon? I don't think I did. Could you point out where I did please?

Jasus this place is becoming worse than the politics forum for twisting peoples posts ;)

Ps. I also never thought Roscommon could win the all-ireland. Unlike some dubs :D

I think his point is that you are permanently shooting your mouth off about how bad a team Dublin are MM, then you accuse us Dubs as having a complex.

Another hilarious post Mighty Mouse :D:D:D

You brighten up my days :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Infairness us dubs has had a "every ones against us" syndrome for some time now.
    To an extent anyway, You see we know there is a large ABD following out there ( made up mainly of the GAC and ref's) but we just get on with it . Unkile others.

MM I think anytime someone doesnt respond directly relating to your exact words you throw your toys outta the cot and jump up and down "word twisters word Twisters"
    People are not always going to respond directly and in context so maybe relax a little ?

Rooster > You will be happy to know that I have taken my best Dubs hat, sprinkled some seasoning on it and eaten it. Jason Sherlock has proved himself this year as dublins best forward ....My comments earlier this year about hime being a Bag of **** were ... hastey.

• Advertisement

I think the only thing for it is to see how Dublin pan out. I completely happy to be wrong here because I'm only a spectator for the rest of the championship and the Dubs in the championship makes things more exciting.

As for the ABD syndrome...............maybe I'm a little bitter still from last weekend!!!! Ros should be getting revenge on Kerry not the Dubs!IMO

best of luck lads

Ye'll need it!

Well Dublin have kindly taken it upon themselves to get the revenge on Kerry for you! Is that not a very nice gesture on our part?
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Think you buggers should stick to the Rugby board!

Think you buggers should stick to the Rugby board!
    Oh!! Has GAA culchie sport fallen on the posh ears of Killiney allready!! Thought those types of people wait until theres at least a party in Raynards to celebrate before the all-ireland.

Anyways, enjoy your corporate box the next day. You can even watch the Formula one on TV if the game get boring for you. :D;)

Well now we have a very interesting scenario, after the weekends results. No Tyrone or Armagh to get past. Everyone on this side of the draw suddenly has an extra pep in their step. Saturday's competitors will believe they now have a real chance of an All-Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I think the Dubs have as good as chance as any and are playing better than last year. But even if they get past Kerry, they may not win it as it is an unpredictable year this year. Kerry have more capability than the Dubs it would seem for most of the time, but Dublin have shown flashes of dominance and could give them a run for their money, unless their egoes become a problem for them.

I do think that there is an "everyone against Dublin" attitude, and sure why not - its great for a bit of banter. Dublin have had no success since 1995 so it has tamed in recent years but if they do get to the final, most of the neutrals will probably be rooting for the other team. My county is out so I will just be looking for good games of football, close ones if possible.

As for Roscommon, no comment is necessary ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Why are people putting Kerry down lately (I don't mean just here, I mean in general)? Were Kerry that bad against Limerick the first day? Were they not good against Cork and Limerick in the replay?

I haven't actually seen Kerry play yet this year but I can't understand how people think Dublin are all-ireland contenders at the moment. They've lost to Westmeath and beaten Roscommon in what was realistically their only proper tests (even if westmath wasn't seen as that beforehand)

With regards getting to, or even winning, an all-ireland, beating Kerry would seem to be the hardest obstacle to this but people seem to be forgetting that that side of the draw seemed weak when it was drawn but a Mayo V Fermanagh semi was hardly imagined by too many sane individuals either!

Kerry are not brilliant. The fact that Tyrone and Armagh are out will give them a bit of relief, but they are no certs for the final. By this time on Saturday they could, hopefully, be out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

imposter

Kerry were not tested against cork and then they got their tatics all wrong against limerick in the first game. they got it right in the second and played ok. i think the point is that they have only had 1 good game while dublin have improved their sharpness and moral mwith their trip around the countryside. So the dubs should be a little sharper ( I hope) and it could be a 50/50 game on the day.

but to be honest Mayo and Fermanagh look so much more classy than both teams right now and westmeath too... Im not sure about derry havent seen much of them .

• Advertisement
Advertisement