Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early News Re. the Launch Party for Tribes in Europe!!!!!

Options
  • 07-05-1999 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Okay - I had actually turned off my pc and was heading to bed & then realised I had important information to impart to yes all!!!

Just got off da mobeel fone with our friend froggy (well my french girlfriend - yer friend froggy) who lives in london. As many of you probably are not aware, she was to accompany Brit, Teeth, Vagga and Lucifa to this party thats been talked about - THE LAUNCH OF TRIBES/STARSIEGE in EUROPE!

i.e. big event for those who are not case-sensitive smile.gif

Don't know too many details, but I do know this (brace yerselves!) :

Froggy and the EM representatives named above WON FIRST PLACE IN THE 5-MAN LAN COMPETITION!!!!!

WOO-HOOOOO!!!!

okay - i've been drinking and am excited enough to return to my PC, turn it on, log into tinet & post this message all when i was heading to slumberland!!!!

But dammit they won!!! (lots of exclamation points in this mail!)

like I said, froggy just called me en route to home - the boyz mentioned above are off to the hotel - I believe they are to get together with froggy at 3pm & I'm arriving at heathrow for 6.30 with estimated Richmond arrival time at 7.30 pm where lots of fun & boozing will ensue!

AT this point I have to admit that I was nervous about my petite froggy meeting a bunch of internet boyos - this tribes/cloud boards, etc., being my first foray into actually knowing anything about the people I game with & actually talking with these people about anything.

I'm happy to report that Froggy gives top marks to all. To whit (an expression not used enough in these boards i think!) :

Dr_Teeth is actually 14 years old, has a bad condition where his face has a bluish colour, and has been convicted for stealing women's magazines from the busstop newsagents on grafton street. (a fondness for marie-claire, i believe, but then we always knew he was classy) smile.gif

Vaggabond is actually a woman named lucy and is a romanian refugee who got a job as a unix sysadmin & is currently still trying to get somebody to tell her where the floppy drive is on her Sun dumb terminal is. Now arguing with Lucifa as the latter's on-line name is infringing on the former's RealLife(tm) name - go figure

Lucifa _IS_ actually the Devil - commonly known as Lucifer, and is currently trying to tempt Vaggabond to the dark side (read windows NT)

And Brit is a really skinny nice guy who kinda looks like that bear Rupert & doesn't like loud noises or the colour green. Gentle lad, really...

Amazing how people turn out in real life!

So, now that I've done the ruthless thing & vetted these guys by cold-heartedly sending my girlfriend into the dark heart of london to meet these evil personas, I'm to meet them tomorrow & will be able to provide a full and accurate dossier on each smile.gif

Isn't that fuc(king coool, tho??? EM & Froggy won the damn launch of tribes in EUROPE!!! And against the BARRYSWORLD team AS WELL! Make me proud! *sniff*

sorry, just had to repeat that - 1 prize t-shirt awaiting me in london! WOOO-HOOOOO!

[This message has been edited by ChungKing (edited 07-05-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Nice 1 froggy...n' Co...

a nice happy post to start off the beginning of my weekend...

Chung! a man after me own heart.. sent the woman out to see if there's snipers about wink.gif...

have a good one..

YuM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

respect at last...muahahah! smile.gif

seriously tho it gives Irish tribes players a good reputation, but knowing British media they'll probably play it down smile.gif...take it barrysworld!!!

Conshidrubley, richer than yowww!!
    robertgallagher@tinet.ie
    http://www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Well done all to involved!

J.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

w00000p !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hullo from the Trocadero. smile.gif

It was a great night, we made Froggy carry all the big Ammo Boxes full of goodies back to her place.. Mmmmm T-shirts and posters and videos and a copy of the game! Each! (and limited-edition figurines smile.gif

Man, we caned them up and down every level we played. smile.gif 3-0 on Dangerour Crossings in the final - a 15 minute match! (would have been about 20-0 on a normal time limit smile.gif)

Froggy played really, really well - man, did she save our skin a couple of times by sitting (replete with shield pack) ontop of our flag, and blowing the crap outta any cheeky git that got too close.

Good play all-round, though they were all muppets for the most part.

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

We rocked smile.gif

Despite having to reconfig everything everytime we played, and not playing anything but dodgy D&D maps (except in the final), we rooooled the mini 'league' from start to finish..

A fantastic evening had by all, even if Froggy ended up lugging 5 massive ex-army ammo boxes home to her place smile.gif

See ya on the servers!

[EM] Brit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Hello from London smile.gif

The party rocked. Free booze ville smile.gif As much holsten as we could drink (and boy did we smile.gif)

In our first game we were messing around in D&D and went 3-1 to BW (game up to 4) and we were like ****it and lucifa nuked the guy killing our main gen and myself lucifa and froggy locked the base down. 4-3 EM !

BW then moaned that the game was not fair (ie they lost)and were re-instated.

In the second round we had C&H and we beat the wireplay team by like 200 smile.gif in 10 min game (in a map only teeth had played B4)

We Rocked....

We had BW in the final. Dangerous Crossing. Myself and Toothy were on offence. Froggy was on flag D and the two lads mortered the **** outa everthing that was not teeth. (IE I reckon Brit got me more than the other team did smile.gif) There original d was good but I just kept going up with a shield and a disky thing and greande launcher and fuk-ing them up. we got 3 easy caps in 15 mins and our flag never left our base.

You should have seen our hotel smile.gif. It was over a hardware store and several shops of disrepute smile.gif Brit has photos so you will all see soon !

We have qualified for the final of the some league. £600 prize smile.gif 9th of June in London. Against BW (yawn !), the best of Wireplay and the game developers !

/vagga puts on male 2 voice
    *NO PROBLEM*

Later the Pub calls. (again)

BTW the prizes are in original vietnam style ammo boxes (er how do we explain to customs smile.gif)

laterski

from the Offical UK Tribes Champions (ie not some cowboy BW league)

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Electric Mayhem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Nicely done ladies.

Kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Vagga, just callin customs now to have the ould rubber gloves ready..

International arms & drugs smugglers arriving Through dublin...

Yes sir !.. of course sir, if you'd just step this way SIR.. & stand over this mirror ... owwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

some piccies of the event
    http://www.wireplay.co.uk/html/stories/070599tribes1.htm

but no mention of irelands finest, grrrr

• Advertisement
Advertisement