Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perry Saturn... the hero...

• 24-07-2004 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I havent heard about Perry Saturn in ages. I thought he had probally hung them up. I didnt know he was rehabbing from several gunshot wounds to his neck.

I read the below on 411.com just now, and I think its very admirable. Hope he comes back to WWE. I always liked Saturn. Even when he wore a skirt and talked to a mop!

:D

Hanza

From USA Pro:

In April of 2004 Perry Saturn was driving his girlfriend to work when he heard what he thought was an argument next to a vehicle. When he approached the vehicle, he saw two men trying to restrain a woman as they were raping her. Without hesitation, he grabbed both men off her, and started fighting with them. As he was able to get the woman free from her attackers, he felt a burning sensation in his neck. He thought originally it was a cut stemming from a punch. However, he learned soonafter he was shot three times in the neck with a 25 caliber handgun.

Perry Saturn now has a steel plate and 3 stainless steel screws where his C-5, C-6 and C-7 vertabre in his neck were badly injured. The good news is that after a very tough and extensive amount of physical therapy and training, he is able to return to wrestling. When you think about it, it's amazing he is even alive, or even able to walk!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

Perry Saturn, What a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

I never knew this before. I have muchos respect for Perry now, despite the 'best' efforts of the WWE's writing team which basically tried to make him look like a joke.

The whole mop fiasco was almost on a par with the Katie Vick angle for sheer stupidity. And it could also be viewed as a precursor to the inspired Eugene angle today. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well wwe (f or what ever) wasnt the first to mess saturn around WcW had him wearing a dress for quite some time as i recall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

jesus thats quite a story, can you stick up a link hanza? i havent seen that reported anywhere else.

saturn is legit tough as nails in real life, he was an army ranger/paratrooper for years, and i think he was a marine for a while(not sure if im confusing him with someone else on the marine bit though.)

fair play to the guy, that really is heroism.

I read this too , he wanted to keep this whole story quiet as he is trying to get over the trauma of it. Whats even more sad abut it is the fact that he had no medical insurance and there is a fair bit of expence involved. I think there will be a collection online soon and i thnk i will donate somthing small to it. Check this site ...........

http://www.wrestling-news.com/artman/publish/article_2921.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Here's where the words 'one tough SOB' are actualy true. It'd be nice if some of the indie companies ran benifit shows for one of the bravest men to set foot inside a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Perry!...Legend, I hope he not only comes back to WWE but is given a chance this time. Poor Saturn got the raw end of The Radical Deal!...I also have seen a rumor that Sean Waltman (1-2-3 Kid, X-Pac) is on his way back to WWE...DX v Evolution...its going to happen damit!...I predicted it here and now!
    Road Dogg coming back maybe?...Billy Gunn to raw?...ohhh...the omens are all there

Advertisement