Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major... MAJOR SUMMER SLAM SPOILERS

• 24-07-2004 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Got this off 411.com, I cant believe it, but then again it looks like its true
    Chris Benoit is expected to hold on to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at RAW.

HHH is currently being scheduled to face Eugene Dinsmore at SummerSlam.

Chris Benoit is being scheduled to face Randy Orton at SummerSlam for the World Title, with current plans being to put the belt on Orton.

These are all still rumors, but are being reported by generally reliable sources.

They are gonna put the title on Ortan at Summer Slam? :eek: Thats mental! Does any one actaully think this is a good idea. And dont say "Yeah, Ortan rocks!" This can not be good for his career!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

It was pretty much inevitable that they were gonna put the belt on orton, i'm just surprised it's so soon, considering he should really be still involved with edge and the intercontinental race. What i would have expected was for HHH to get the belt at summerslam and eventually set up an evolution split involving an orton/HHH match at WM21. I'd say that's what'll still happen but i would have thought they'd have waited until wrestlemania to give him the belt.
    It's not necessarily a bad thing for his career, he's going to be a main event heel sooner or later, and putting the world belts on angle and lesner early in their careers didn't hurt them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I totally agree.

I though the origional Wrestlemania HHH V Ortan angle would work great. This could be the beginning of the end for Evo, which would leave enough time to milk a huge angle for Wrestlemaina next year. Jericho and Shawn Michales started about 5 months before Wrestlemaina 19.

Plus I heard they were origionally gonna turn HHH face and Ortan would take control of Evo. I think they will do the oppisate now, due to Ortans huge fan admiration. He will turn face, and I can see Edges rumoured heel turn lead him to a place in Evolutions ranks. I heard they want to keep Evolution a 4 man stable.

But they are just my thoughts, we'll see how things pan out!

Edge would make a great heel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

At this stage i think orton turning face would be more sensible than trying to turn HHH, simply because HHH has been a heel for so long, and has been so good at it it'd be hard for anyone to really accept him as one of the good guys.
    One of the rumours doing the rounds with the HHH face turn was an old vs young angle, with an orton led evolution with edge, batista and someone else (maybe christian which would be good) taking on HHH/Benoit/HBK/Flair(which would make for a great survivor series match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

you could go down that road and have an evolution of evolution angle, but look what that did to the nWo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I don't watch the shows any more, but I still watch the PPVs and occasioally read the tv reslts, so here is my two cents:
    Orton should feud with Flair, fighting him at Summerslam, obviously with Orton as the heel. I think that would be the sweetest feud. Assuming Orto won the feud, that would have him ready or the big one. Its still a bit too early for him to win the championship, if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I can see no sense whatsoever in giving Randy the strap at such a young age (unless they just want to be rid of Brock having that accolade).

Randy is still quite green in the ring, and is no where near being ready to be the top heel. He is just after being the IC champ for 7 months, so he should go on in that division for a while yet. A ladder match with EDGE at SS would be great.

That being said,
    Im very surprised that the wwe ended the Benoit/HHH feud on Raw. There is normally a huge fued going into a PPV like Summerslam. As it stands, should Randy face him, they have 3 weeks to get the momentum.
    No way should Benoit drop to him. No way should Randy be champ in the next 2 years. if he has done it all by his young age, he could well go the same way as Brock and just feck off.

[EDIT, Hanza]
    Almost let the some spoilers slip there... It happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

just thinking if they do an angle with ortan it will be against the "2" biggest legends on RAW... HHH (he thinks he is and writes stories) and Flair... No way will they turn edge before he feuds with HHH, isn't that the reason he went back to RAW? but he ain't ready yet so it possible, and Ortan is a great heel but if you put the belt on him, you have to put it on Cean on SD...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I think Ortan should get the strap before Wrestlemain but Summer Slam is too soon. They should draw it out for a few months first. I think Ortan would be a capable champ. Hes shown his versitility in his match with Foley (It was the first time I saw a top heel who could take bumps as well as dispence in a hardcore match) but he can't just win the strap in his first tital match. I say hold off his win till survivor seeries

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I think that HHH vs Orton would be a great feud. I think it should be dealt with in a Rocky vs Tommy Gunn manner. Orton could become really cocky and stuff after he wins the belt cleanly and slowly he would start putting HHH down and try to become the leader of Evolution, eventually leading to the ultimate old vs young battle. In which case if Orton were to win, it would REALLY put him over as a top guy.

Advertisement