Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoP

Options
  • 06-05-1999 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

A few US based tribes (no diss' to the SS my RIPPER friend) have been courting me of late to join up.

Obviously I'm more interested in a European tribe because of practice times / timezones in general.

The question I have (showing my ignorance of all thins Tribes sad.gif is as follows:-

In some of the mails in my inbox there are references to the CoP in Europe. Anyone know what this is? smile.gif

Regards,
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

umm..coyote =)..

i'm not sure if ya know this..but, we're not US. we were actually founded on this lovely green island and are international/global (hmm..well..not really...more US/European) Our European Battalion members are ALL in Europe hehe..logically =)

besides..CoP..pahh..SW is the way to go =P
    (thought i'd just slip that in there =) )

[This message has been edited by SS 01 Ripper (edited 06-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clanless_Coyote

OK - let me clarify some stuff......

First off - I know SS is global Ripper, but you said yourself that the European side is not happening at the mo.

As for starting my own tribe - I did already respond to Vagga in another post to say that although the idea appeals to me I just don't have the time (travel a lot, day job, college, real life etc.)

So while I appreciate the replies - I'm still asking the same question? smile.gif

What is CoP?

Regards,
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Well, US Tribes are OK, but you'll be up all hours before you get to play with them seriously. PST, MST, EST, -- the list goes on and on.

You were thinking of starting your own Tribe were you not? Why not call yourselves [Clanless] - ??

--Brit--

CoP = Children of the Phoenix

They're one of the main four Tribes (the others being Blood Eagle, Diamond Sword and Starwolf). You can read all about them on the tribesplayers site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clanless_Coyote

Thanks ripper smile.gif

I have a *coughs loudly* limited version of TRIBES on my system, and did not really have access to any documentation - if ya get my drift.

I know there's endless websites devoted to the game, but who's got time to read all that blurb.

Regards,
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Advertisement

hehe...no..i don't know what you mean with limited version. please explain in depth and how you got it ! hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cranky

Oh, allow me: Hobbes brought back Tribes from the U.S. and illegally passed it around, it made its way to Jade, who illegally passed it around to me; I sang its praises to SamSpuds, Bollicky, Ma Schunk, and we all passed around a zip disk containing 27 files of fun. By then Sam had sent it on to Chungking via somebody I've forgotten, and Chungking did the honorable, as did I, and ordered the thing legit. Lest anybody forget, SamSpuds used to go by the somewhat better name of Tool. In short, this one illegal copy from Hobbes (well, somebody said it was Hobbes, but damned if i know whom) has fueled all the people I've mentioned, plus probably 99 percent of all the people they've subsequently brought in, and doubtless it made its way to far more people than just Jade, who was the start of the tree for those of us working at Telecom Eireann. So out of the probably 50 or more people who took copies off of Hobbes, how much money did Sierra Dynamix earn??? Well, Chung and myself spent a few quid.... Anybody else? Odd, though, that people often ***** about software prices.

Advertisement