Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how the match go ?

Options
  • 04-05-1999 8:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

when i checked score was 2-0 against EM, but you guys were also down 2 or 3 players and knowing the way you always make a come back on the publics..well..how did it end ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Finished 2-0

Their tactics were spot on and really caught us on the hop, so fair play to them. In the end IMO we were owned. Fair and square. Even tho their 2 caps came early and in the space of mins between each other. Our gens were down for, (what seemed to me) approx 45 outa 60 mins and therefore on teeths only attack he got their flag but got gibbed by a lucky respawn.

*Our Excuses*
    Some bods went AWOL (for whatever reason) so we were understrength, No Brit, Lucifa, Dar, Kodi (Jag) and a few others who r not around till after exams.
    We had between 5 - 6 players all game. In fairness they rarely had 8, they had one guy dropping on and off. ChunKing was in London so his ping was like 600+.

Also roomer has it that the Quake 2 ladz had a mill on the Q2 FFA server during the middle of our game, even tho we had asked them to leave off for an hour. Therefore the lag and general standard of connections even for us on usually good connections was very bad indeed
    (So there goes, my for one, and many more ppl's return goodwill gesture of not playing during Q2CL games)
    [sorry shinji I am really ****ed off if it is true that played just to **** us off. At the end of the day our 2 servers r used miles more than, any and indeed all the quake servers]

We lost, It was our first game. We learned a lot. Onward and Upwards smile.gif

vagga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭clanless_Coyote

Sounds like a bad show all right. Pity sad.gif

It would be rather slick of someone to provide the odd 'recorded demo' of any good matches fought on your EM website though.

That would be fun, to actually read about some exploits here on the boards or at your website - but see them by downloading the recorded file. God knows how big the downloads would be though.

Anyway - better luck next time guys smile.gif

Regards,
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

They were pretty good, but not that amazing considering our situation. I think with a little less lag on our part (ehldas & shinji suffered too , I think) especially in the opening 15 minutes, we would have performed at a much higher standard.

As teeth's been saying in our tribe emails, once our gens were down we had a tough tough time getting back up. I was not actually able to play until minute 30 or so of the match! Then ehldas & shinji got dissed and we had not enough bodies to do much but survive.

So, while we were struggling for each of those minutes in the latter half of the game, we held them off successfully & managed to finish with a little dignity. I think. I hope. Well, I feel dignified. sorta

smile.gif

btw, the BR guys were very cool leading up to and in game and didn't gloat! Cant wait for a rematch!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

soz for missing it, been workin 18 hour days since friday (went away, spent large amounts of money - now broke with phone bill to pay), so i never found out about it sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 EM Kodiak

I talked to teeth on sunday night and asked him if we were playing a match cos i knew sweetfekall bout it. I DID NOT RECIEVE A MAIL BEFORE MONDAY. if i did know about it i would have been there. then the mail i did get didnt have the password... whats the point?

[EM] Kodiak
    "GGGRRROOOOOWWWLLL"

• Advertisement

listen we have had this discussion

kodi - so you dont read our emails, grand, then you did not get the one I sent yesterday with 20 odd email attatchments of all the massages I had recieved regarding yesterdays game, thru our mailing list.....

Quote teeths mail to us all yesterday replying to my original one :
    More specifically, these two mails:

Wed 4/28/99 10:48 AM

"Hi all, BR can't play over the weekend, so I've suggested next Monday
    evening, about 9pm on IGN Tribes 2. We'll play one level (1 hour) and
    perhaps another for the laugh if people are still around. The level hasn't
    been decided yet, and they've still to get back to me on this."

Fri 4/30/99 10:23 AM

"The BR match will go ahead on Monday next, at 9pm on IGN Tribes 2 I want to
    see everyone on there at *8* pm sharp, to get in an hours praccy. If enough
    EMers are on tonight, I'll clear server 2 and we'll have another practice
    session."

Anyways, ****it, we'll do better next time lads.

end quote

Lets end this, we have learned from it, and threfore must ensure it does not happen again.

Sounds like you guys are a tad *cough* unorganised at the mo.

If yez can't even manage to turn up for a game, what type of co-ordination are you expecting within the team once the game gets going? smile.gif

I'd recommend boot camp for everyone and a healthy dose o' codliver oil smile.gif

Regards,

[clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

in response to vaggas post regarding q2,
    1. we don't have a q2 ffa server.
    2. i didn't realize there was a tribes match on and didn't see any request not to play, where did you post this request?
    3. friendlies & league games are 2 very different things. HIV play on average 2 friendlies a week plus 1 league match on the IGN q2 servers. i would never dream to ask you guys not to play during friendly games. i didn't realize anyone had requested you not to play during the league matches either !?

what you need to be able to do for these tribes matches on IGN is to clear the tribes1 server, by an admin downing it for the duration of the match on tribes2 or something. I know there ARE certain Q2 players who blame tribes for poor results, but tbh its the fact that they're crap, not tribes fault. it wouldn't surprise me if certain individuals were asked not to, and then did jump on to the Q2 servers just to spite you guys.

as for the q1/qw servers, which are nearly always empty, the Q3 server is running on that box now smile.gif

the lag we're all experiencing has to be server lag, as there should b no bottleneck to the server, so these new servers should sort the problem. however, what exactly is happening with them?

As shank would say, "Damn the Muppetry"

Clanless its called democracy, freedom of speech. Kodi has one opinion I have another. (tho I am right and hes not :p)

So one way or another we f*ked up, it wont happen again. I will also tell you for certin, in the rematch, and there will be one, we will shock the fuk outa them. Esp after I saw their site this morn.......

See yis in the cup ladz (PS:- bring on those SS sissys, shower of goat blowers smile.gif)Who calls a tribe spice girls anyway.

I stand corrected Noggy.

I was annoyed whan I herd quake 2 players had been playing after shinji had asked them to lay off for 1 hour. But playing just to annoy us. If I am wrong I am sorry.

There had been sounds in the EM gang that we would lay off the tribes servers on the Q2CL nite (sunday ifak) and infest barrys or wireplay instead. This was only a idea, not mentioned to loads of ppl but it would require some recipracol(you know what I mean!) arrangement with the quake 2 ppl

The problem may not last too long as a little birdie told me that our servers are going to be split. Tribes and TFC on one server. Quake and Quake 2 on another and Quake 3 on a new third dedicated server. But even with changes to this Tribes was being split from all the quake games smile.gif without question.

/vagga goes off to download Team Fortress Classic

I dont want too sound off too much but I'm sure where you know where I am coming from Nog, it is annoying when all this bickering and ****e starts yadda yadda you know

I see a UK complany r doing cabel modems 566k smile.gif for waaaaay cheaper than anything TE can do ISDN for (£40 PW all in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Nog - topic in #quake2 and #tribal....

I know it ain't exactly the 9 o clock news, but IMO it's the best way of distribing info that we have...

Durex Modems - Always use Safe Hex

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

STOP CALLING HIM "CLANLESS"
    his name is coyote smile.gif
    worst thing ever is being called by your sig...u dont go around calling everyone EM just cos there EM-whatever

/me screams alot

ps i need praccy hehehe

Gee - Thanks Sep smile.gif

The interesting thing is... while I'm floating around deciding on which clan / tribe to join (I **** you not!) there have been a number of new players coming on the servers that I have seen taking the same approach.

I have observed several [clanless] sigs out there, so it seems I have started a fashion.

Regards,

[clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

err shinji, #quake2? on iol? na, you don't find me on iol anymore, #hiv moved to quakenet quite some time ago. just post to the quake.ie board in future if yis want us to ease off for an hour or so its no problem.

btw coyote, if yer starting a tribe both myself & poss hellfire would be interested. if yer not then EM should start a B team up to facilitate practice smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

in responce to vagga:

HEY!!!

that's all!

If I did start a tribe, I would handle the command and control aspects no sweat, but I really don't have the time to setup homepages and websites, keep everything up to date etc.

If you guys are serious (and I mean serious about practice, teamwork, death-on-a-stick to all challengers! smile.gif) then email me, but I'd need to know that there were enough people who would take responsibility for keeping the tribe going.

As it happens - I have a seriously cool idea for a tribe - but I've been keeping it on the back burner on the assumption that there was just too much work involved.

Whaddya think carnage lovers - whos up for it?

Regards
    [clanless]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

SOZ RIPPER smile.gif

I am trying to get a bit of rivalry going smile.gif

some needle ect

see you got Yum - good man

bloody good choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

aww..can't we all just get a long ? ya know..sip tea and enjoy some good cake ?
    hehe..

bout yum: me knows =)

Advertisement