Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settle a bet, round two!

• 24-07-2004 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

since my last bet caused a bit of a stir, ill try again in round two!

does anyone remember if the following is true!

in an eposide of DS9, DS9 in under attack, and sisco asks obrien for phasers and he says b o l.l o x ,as the control panel blows, yes a mild swear in DS9, anyone remember this?

yet another tenner riding on this if im right, not sure of the series number either! anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

That episode was "Times Orphan""

So you are correct!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

yep he did say bollox but i think it was because a power generator blew out that was powering some time portal that his daughter fell though .....so your right and wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

O'Brien was the 'working man's man' (if you have the DS9 dvds you'll know what I'm talking about.)

He swears on many occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bollocks isn't all that well known or seen as such a bad swearword in the US, which is why it got through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

He used to say "bloody hell" all the time too, but sadly never "feck"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by bizmark
    yep he did say bollox but i think it was because a power generator blew out that was powering some time portal that his daughter fell though .....so your right and wrong

Yep thats right, not sure if it was the power generator tho, it could have been a flow regulator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I eagerly await the day he shouts "Arse biscuits!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Originally posted by bizmark
    yep he did say bollox but i think it was because a power generator blew out that was powering some time portal that his daughter fell though
    I've only seen the episode once, but as far as I can remember that was indeed what happened.

I mean, eh... No no. He didn't say it. Someone was just imagining it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

main thing is he swore,

circumstances around it are irelevent, there were there to jog the ould grey cells

i thought it was phasers relates, but hey i dont have the dvds and its not on the tv enough!

Advertisement