Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mail addys

Options
  • 24-07-2004 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

K, i kinda still don't know who nebody is, apart from a few exceptions.

So, like d talented youth dat we are cud every1 make a nice orderly list:

Just post ur name, course and email address, nd PLZ don't clog up d board wit stupid sh*t............. i really shudnt hav said dat,,, lol:dunno:

k me first i spose:

Jono, architecture 2004 sesh1, jono087@hotmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Shockingly, someone has actually thought of this before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102473

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56897
    Originally posted by jono087
    So, like d talented youth dat we are cud every1 make a nice orderly list:
    Talented does not always mean disciplined, or able to follow instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Man i need to update that pretty soon. actually if people do want to post contact details (AND ONLY CONTACT DETAILS) i'll update it - easier than sorting through all the pm's i have to already sort through.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

*twiddles thumbs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I think Crash meant in the contact list sticky pet *pats caoimhe on head* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

from what i recall i posted that quite late and once it hits 11pm i tend not to be the full shilling... the lack of sleep i get really doesnt help matters...
    but thank you ever so much sarah for pointing that out to the whole board...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Caoimhe
    from what i recall i posted that quite late and once it hits 11pm i tend not to be the full shilling...

You mean early. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

:rolleyes:
    *sob* can we desist from the poking fun at caoimhe? pwease?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

*pokepoke*

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭davethetrucker

hey john087,

hey john, this is spikey dave from ca last year what the story?
    havent talked to you in ages. my e-mail is zcpc_515@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

Is davethetrucker Dave Lawler? I'm confuzzled. Irwin here, my email is irwin_gill@hotmail.com for ye who don't have it already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

wow! i have a really tall person's email address!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭edwardo

K. I know theres a who's who list, but its very long and mostly lacks second names (and the boards interface sucks) making it erksome and confusing.

Me = Gar (RA Gareth) - email addy = randomstrangerREMOVE2SEND@REMOVE2SENDdbspin.com

dont insult the who's who thread - last year i spent an hour cleaning the ****ing thing up :/

Sorry no offence. Its just 2 things wreck my head about it (and neither are things that can really be improved easily).
    1 - The actually way in which boards as a whole works I personally find irksome, by comparison to other forums (say slashdot, or shacknews's jazz system) which allow you to read many more posts at a time, and reply to (not just quote) an individual post.
    2 - the fact people leave quite scanty information - e.g: "this is peter from session 2", which of the 10 peter's exactly !

re: boards layout - try the threaded view system - would appear to be what you want. select it in your user cp.
    the thing that gets it for me is even when i tell people NOT to chat in there they do :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up, but I find that view even less useful ! It requires constant scrolling between navigation and reading of information. Really I can't understand why boards can't go for a normal indented and readable comments style (see - http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=32888 - for an example of what I mean). The enormous relative size of each post, with all that padding is totally unnecessary, and the whole navigation system needs an overhaul. I'm sure it gets reasonably usable after a while, but there’s no need for a bulletin board type system to be this unintuitive and bloated /endrant.

Don’t know why you mod anyway dude, twould drive me insane. Fair play ;).

Hehe, it has driven me insane, ask Fio for example :) i used be nice :)

tbh i could never use the slashdot system, does my head in - you get used to this after a while :)

edwardo wrote:
    comparison to other forums (say slashdot, or shacknews's jazz system)

They're not really forums though. They are what are called CMS - Content Management Systems. On the whole that sounds like a forum but they are designed for news or the like and then comments. As opposed to this.

If you want irksome try unix news through slrn or the like. I find that incredibly irritating. At least you can scroll here! :)

I'm sure the who's who is not as good as it could be because a forum doesn't really suit it.

I'll consider doing something about it if I can but it'll require me to become unlazy.

But back to the point at hand. It may be a bit messy but it'll get FAR messier if people randomly post the same info in many different threads all over the place. Not to mention making mine and Neil's job a bloody nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

hey john087,

hey john, this is spikey dave from ca last year what the story?
    havent talked to you in ages. my e-mail is zcpc_515@hotmail.com

Hey dave, hows it goin. Wots d story you promised me youd go sesh1 wit me and ronan!! *sobs uncontrolleably* lol

Advertisement