Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap 20 gig USB Hard drives :)

• 24-07-2004 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Just had a look at www.shop4memory.co.uk

Cheap (i reckon) 20 gig USB 2.0 hard drives for under 200 euro

They use the same type of 1.8' drive as an ipod :) look quite small and dont require a power supply.

yummie

Steve C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

That's not bad value, but it's not paticularly good value either.
    You can get the same kind of thing for cheaper elsewhere i.e.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009KAQK/qid=1090702129/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-9112283-0890262

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

they are nowhere near the same product!

Most 2.5" drives dont reliably run off the USB bus for a start, not to mention that they are almost double the size!

i got one of those trancend HD's for the shop, truly a class piece of work. Very small and has powered off USB no problem on various machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by SouperComputer
    they are nowhere near the same product!

Most 2.5" drives dont reliably run off the USB bus for a start, not to mention that they are almost double the size!

i got one of those trancend HD's for the shop, truly a class piece of work. Very small and has powered off USB no problem on various machines.

Okay I accept that the hard drive is a bit bigger, but my friend has the archos hard drive and I know for a fact that he hasn't had any prolems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Should also pint out 180g for the 2.5' as opposed to 118g for the 1.8'

Also imagine the 1.8' would be a bit more rugged than the 2.5 seeing as the 1.8's have been used in digital cameras and MP3 players for quite some time, wheras the 2.5's main application until recemtly has been in laptops where they have been know to fail given a few small knocks.

Advertisement