Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anytime package question

Options
  • 24-07-2004 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

i'm on an anytime package from one of the main providers in Ireland (i don't wanna say which one)

i signed up in at the start of july 2003 but didn't get the service til august 1st 2003, the reason for this post is that i never have been charged for this service and i've been on it a year.

now i want (hope) to get broadband soon and i would be sticking with the same provider but what im wondering if they ask for payment for the last year of service do i legally have to pay up or is it their own fault for not charging me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I presume your talking about Esat BT cause we haven't been charged for the IOL Anytime package from them for the past 4 months. I'd like to know also if we will legally have to pay for their billing cock-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone know where we both stand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

The T & C's doubtless say that failure to enforce any terms do not constitute a waiver, thus if payment is considered a term then the right to effect payment at a later date is there for them to exercise if/when they realise their mistake

it would be much nicer for you if they were undercharging you by varing amounts, then it becomes so complicated over time that no one can figure it out and you get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cr3m0 wrote:
    anyone know where we both stand
    im kinda worried that i will get a bill for hundreds of € in the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well i'm worried that i'll get a bill for 360 euros :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cr3m0 wrote:
    well i'm worried that i'll get a bill for 360 euros :eek:
    I read some where that Comreg have to make esat send out timely bills to its customers before charging them.

Seeing as it's comreg I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I forgot to mention that we actually contacted esat when the first bill that was undercharged came out as we were worried that they would bill us further down the line. One of the higher up people in there that deal with complaints assured us that it was now fixed and our next bill would be back to normal. Does this change anything? I mean are they still legally allowed to charge us further down the line?

Advertisement