Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cockpit visits

• 25-07-2004 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

So, I'm gonna be travelling to New York/Chicago in a few weeks - and I was just wondering - are people still allowed to visit the cockpit whilst over international waters?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Very very very unlikely!

(You might be extremely lucky, but in all honesty, I doubt it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Unbelievable :P those terrorists really are ruining everything for us, aren't they?

Freedom my ass - this seven-eight hour trip is looking more enjoyable by the minute...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Maybe outside of the States, but there's not a hope in hell that you'd be allowed near the flight deck of an American plane or one flying into America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 kingofvillan

Noel the cock pit isnt what u think it is, the words are a little misleading though i do agree. Man did i get a shock when i went in there!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its pretty cool to be there for take off and/or landing restof the time is pretty boring. Your best bet is if you know a pilot who can arrange it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

Big No, No mate. Staff aren't even allowed on the flight deck any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I think the cockpit is a sealed area alright - I met someone who was admitted to the cockpit on Sep 09- 2002 (passenger) - I gather she tried it on again and this was explained to her - No-one gets in the cockpit.

I'd love to know how this works if the cockpit is hit by as seagull and decompresses - both pilot and co-pilot dead.

OK seagulls don't fly at 39,000 feet - but with all due respect there is still the JFK magic bullet theory :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I think the cockpit is a sealed area alright - I met someone who was admitted to the cockpit on Sep 09- 2002 (passenger) - I gather she tried it on again and this was explained to her - No-one gets in the cockpit.

I'd love to know how this works if the cockpit is hit by as seagull and decompresses - both pilot and co-pilot dead.

OK seagulls don't fly at 39,000 feet - but with all due respect there is still the JFK magic bullet theory :-)

There are seveal full face air masks in the cockpit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think Airplane vs Seagull, the airplane would win.

The Airplane companies use chicken guns to test the windows.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

tis true, i saw it on some documentry on sky recently, thy use this giant chicken cannon,

looks fun!

• Advertisement
Advertisement