Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hartstown/Clonsilla - what's it like?

Options
  • 25-07-2004 12:15am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

I went to see a house today just off Hartstown Road, near Clonsilla, and I was very impressed with it. So impressed that I think I'll be putting in a bid for it early next week. However, I'm from the deepest Southside and don't really know the area that well, and while I had a decent drive aroun the area tody and it looks pretty nice, I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has any opinions (positive or negative) about the area, or if there's anything in particular I should know.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Just like all areas it has it's good and bad spots, great locals and total scumbags. Hartstown can be a bit dodgy at the best of times.
    I'd recommend a visit at night at the weekends, and drop into the Hartstown inn to get a taste of whats what. (Check out the broken glass in the carpark)
    Clonsilla covers a big lump of land again good and bad.
    A chat with the gardai down in Blanch is well worth the visit.(I know one Garda who moved out recently from Clonsilla cos he thought it was too rough, house break in's lots of muppits etc.).

I live a few minutes away in a fairly secluded apartment complex. There's been at least 4 cars broken into this year and a stabbing right outside the door. I came from the city centre, so my little sister makes the local gangsters look like angels.

The area is great for night life, eating out, etc. Traffic can be a nightmare to get into town in the mornings.

Advertisement