Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come it still there

Options
  • 25-07-2004 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

is their a "program" that can wipe the free space on your drive so that it totally gone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

It is called FORMAT if it is not FORMAT Google it or be more specific as to what you want to do.:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

i think what he's talking about is a program to "scrub" his disk so that data cannot be recovered after a format.

there's plenty of them around, but I don't know the name of one unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

clicky This is a bootable cd that wipes down any drive, might help, make sure you label it properly though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sounds like he's after something to wipe the free and slack space on his drives.

in which case the only thing i would recommend is east-tec eraser.

it's not free, but they do a 30 day trial for free.

http://www.east-tec.com/eraser/

it will do as much or as little as you tell it to, including wiping the slack space from your files, all your free space, deleting all your internet crap etc.

and will do it as many times as you like up to and beyond military standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patoinsf

"http://www.east-tec.com/eraser/" seems to have what I am looking for thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've used Diskwipe and Filewipe (whaddayamean what for?!) but whether they can be found on the net anymore is another matter.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

if you want to wipe the whole disk (Data is 100% gone) use Kill Disk
    else use a prog like Steganos Security, it lets you destroy files folders 100% gone

Advertisement