Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many would you guys get?

Options
  • 25-07-2004 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, you will see me about the battlefield scene in about 3 weeks when my broadband arrives. I want to play on the irish servers cavan/navan but I'm just wondering what sort of numbers you get on those servers nightly? I would like to play in a proper 64 player match whenever I play and I am wondering if you guys ever get that many? or is it more around the 20 people. What are the two servers' player limit? Look forward to fraggin yee all ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

the player limit on cavan and navan is just 26,and i have to say most nites navan nearly gets that many :D looking forward to seeing u on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Is it just me or does anyone else think vietnam is an unblanced mess ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

how do u mean?like the nits u would get about 10 against 4 with the auto balance team off,its fun on navan though :D and great to have irish servers out there

i mean the nva and usa are unblanced its unfair its not fun etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I can see what you mean but, I think its just that the NVA are a really hard team to play with, you need excellent team work and snaeky tatics to win.

• Advertisement

Really all they need to do in order to fix the game is either 1.Make the ak47 better or 2.Make the car less deadly ........The ak47 is nicely blanced to the m16 but totaly **** to the car15

also fix the heuy bullets there far to powerful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

i suppose that making the nva harder to kill would make it more balanced too

Makeing the ak47 better would make the nva harder to kill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

have any of you played in a game of 64 before? if so what was it like? what is lag like in game of 64 and/or game of 26 with broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Well just play a 64 ppl game on C o D ....its all fuc*** bullets and complete chaos...where as Navan is smaller and,,,,OMG more skilful and deadly. If u wanna do well on navan ...ye need yer **** together!!!! all agreed say aye!:cool:

• Advertisement

well of course 64 player cod wud suck, it doesnt have proper big maps, its not really meant for 64, but battlefield is a battlefield, loadsa room, its made for lots of players, but i accept your point that navan is fun with only 26 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've had the server up at higher numbers, but most people seem to prefer the more mid-range number, not to mention the fact that there are still a lot of modem/isdn players for whom anything higher would be unplayable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

BFV isnt that good with 64 ,but Bf42 is great fun on an a uber mega server (EA used to have 4)

Dont mind bizmark he just having a tiff with BFV :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

i disagree, I find it easier to play as nva, they have the anti-air, tunnels and chilled out booby traps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

The nva can rape the americans royally when you stop the americans gettings air support. The nva heli is a perfect ground unit killing machine.

could do with more anti air support in the game.

as for the grunt weapons on the ground... i think its even enough ... pity so many of the american support fellas have m14's. I dont find it anywhere near as good as the type 56

And the nva enginners get a quite useful sub machine gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by MrShadow

could do with more anti air support in the game.

very true, certainly of the american's, sure it can be nearly game over for the american's to lose their phantom........decent pilot rains havok on all us troops and without any heat seekers they are damn hard to shoot down , takes ages with the m60.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

looking forward to a bit of vietnam action with you guys once i get dsl:)
    must get a bit of practice in beforehand...

yeah me too, I will need practise before I hit the servers :) luckily / unluckily (is that even a word?) I have 3 weeks to play it before I go on servers so I won't be an ub00r n00ber......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Call Me Jimmy
    luckily / unluckily (is that even a word?) I have 3 weeks to play it before I go on servers so I won't be an ub00r n00ber......

heh, i'd go for the latter tbh.
    singleplayer mode is crap:D

anyone got any tips for making offline practise fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Learn to fly.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thing about the NVA is that most people dont use the booby traps and dont move the tunnel (which I have to admit I cannt figure out how to do).

1.2 with the added anti-aircraft is going to be intresting....

Reaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Learn to fly.

kdjac

aye! make sure you can at least stay in the air after take off for a little while anyway before flying on any server.

Originally posted by Rew
    Thing about the NVA is that most people dont use the booby traps and dont move the tunnel (which I have to admit I cannt figure out how to do).

1.2 with the added anti-aircraft is going to be intresting....

Reaper

How to use the nva tunnel.

a) choose NVA engineer kit equipped with the shovel.
    b) find one of the nva spawn tunnels and stand beside it.
    c) press the letter 'G' key to pick up the tunnel.
    d) walk/run to desired location
    e) choose shovel from weapons list and press fire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ahhh g not primary/secondar fire... doh

thx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah i had to ask about it too. the tunnels r well handy. I haven't used the booby traps at all though. looking foraward to seeing u on the servers tman. as the other said definetly learn how to fly, both choppers and planes

Advertisement